Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Packets Here! And Im Lost?!

Rate this topic

Nhods

I'll apologise in advance for using this service far to much!

My packet came today! Or someday recently, I havnt checked my mail in a week.

Anyhow, can anyond explain what this means??

Total VA benifiet $601, Amount withheld $601, amount paid $601 effective date April 2009 original award (ive never received anything from them?)

Total VA benufiet $601, amount withheld 0$ amount paid 601 effective srptember 2011 retired pay adjustment

So am I receiving nothing from them??

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you retired from the military? Did you receive separation pay of some sorts in the past?

Looks to me that you were awarded compensation from back to April of 2009, however they kept it until you satisfy a previous debt, i.e., see first sentence.

Or, your as the $601 indicates you are 40%, you can not receive both your VA comp and your military retirement. However, I believe you should claim your VA comp and offset your retirement, as your VA comp is tax free. Some states, your retirement is tax free, so I don't know for sure.

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Once you get 50% VA disability pay your offset from the military will be much lower. Mine is about 16.00. If you are retired from the military, I would be looking to see if there is a claim that you may have missed that would get you to the magic #>:blush:

I was not givin any settlement, nor do I owe any money i'm aware of? I am however retired (at 60% as well) Damnit. So i'm being rammed if I understand what i'm finding threw research online. They're going to off set my monies and ill be receiving my original retirement amout, but just combined from the Army and VA correct?

I was not givin any settlement, nor do I owe any money i'm aware of? I am however retired (at 60% as well) Damnit. So i'm being rammed if I understand what i'm finding threw research online. They're going to off set my monies and ill be receiving my original retirement amout, but just combined from the Army and VA correct?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use