Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Packets Here! And Im Lost?!

Rate this topic

Nhods

:(

Sounds as if its correct. I love it

Are you medically retired, or retired after serving 20 years? There is a difference!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just got off the phone with DFAS

After a two plus year wait and the lose of a leg I have been informed my VA payment and Army retirement pag have cancelled eachother out, I will be receving no extra money per month, just my original retirement pay woll be coming from the two sources combined. Oh happy day :(

On another note, thank you to this website and you kind people for all the help!

Nhodk,

Did they rate you at everything you were satisfied with? I'm not retired, but if you get 50% disability don't you at that point receive your disability pay separate from your retirement (get both)? If you could get an increase in one of your areas claimed or file for something else that you missed (as Cool Breeze stated) wouldn't that give you the two different payments then?

To me losing a leg is pretty substantial and you should be compensated for that.

“The road to success is always under construction” - Lily Tomlin

Congrats!!!

Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-08

40% lower back, 10% migraines, 10% depression, 10% dermatitis 0% residuals of right foot, 0% esophagitis & 0% hypertension

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"

- Abraham Lincoln

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use