Pending claim for asthma and allergic rhinitis - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Search | Rules | Forums | VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

  • ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png

    27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

    advice-disclaimer.jpg

  • 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

  • 0

Pending claim for asthma and allergic rhinitis

Rate this question


ET3 Rob

Question

Tbird, need your help. New at all this stuff. Have had a pending claim for asthma and allergic rhinitis since 5/2006. Back and forth, and resubmission after resubmission (and a recent appeals hearing in San Diego a little over 2 months ago) I finally got a call from QTC to schedule an outside doctors visit at the end of the month. I am told this is good news and the final step in finalizing my claim. Here's my questions:

1. Assuming I get my claim, is there any set percentage allocated for both asthma and allergic rhinitis? For example: is asthma valued at 10% and allergic rhinitis at 5% so estimated total disability would be 15%? Does that make sense?

2. Also, not implying that any claims are fraudulent, but my claim is 100% valid. I take several medications daily to treat both my conditions. Should I NOT take my medications prior to the appointment so that my symptoms are evident or not? With my daily meds, I would assume I show no outward sign of any symptoms and have only my medical records and proof of Rx payments for several years since my separation.

Please assist if you can or point me in the right direction of someone that can help.

ET3 Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • Founder

First I am moving this post to VA Claims Research where it get more eyes on it.

Rating's are only done in 10% increments. Hard for me to say what you might get.

Take your medications, explain to the doctor what it is like when you don't take them, but for goodness sake take your meds.

Tbird, need your help. New at all this stuff. Have had a pending claim for asthma and allergic rhinitis since 5/2006. Back and forth, and resubmission after resubmission (and a recent appeals hearing in San Diego a little over 2 months ago) I finally got a call from QTC to schedule an outside doctors visit at the end of the month. I am told this is good news and the final step in finalizing my claim. Here's my questions:

1. Assuming I get my claim, is there any set percentage allocated for both asthma and allergic rhinitis? For example: is asthma valued at 10% and allergic rhinitis at 5% so estimated total disability would be 15%? Does that make sense?

2. Also, not implying that any claims are fraudulent, but my claim is 100% valid. I take several medications daily to treat both my conditions. Should I NOT take my medications prior to the appointment so that my symptoms are evident or not? With my daily meds, I would assume I show no outward sign of any symptoms and have only my medical records and proof of Rx payments for several years since my separation.

Please assist if you can or point me in the right direction of someone that can help.

ET3 Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use