Fng - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Read the LatestSearch | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events |  Donate  | Blogs | New Users

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fng

Rate this question

Nelly35

Question

I need some help figureing things out with my gaf score which is a 40 I am also claiming other things also but this is driving me up the darn wall I also have hearing loss and ringing in the ears and degenerative bone desease with buldging disks in my neck which are pinching off half the nurves in my spine I am also claiming my lower back my shoulders my knees and my feet. can some one tell me what I should be expecting?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

We need a little more info as to what disabilities you are claiming.

"can some one tell me what I should be expecting?"

Has the 10% gotten worse since that decision?

You will need an inservice nexus (link) for anything you claim.

Did the GAF regard a PTSD claim C & P{ exam?

Do you have the results of that C & P ?

GAF is only one part of rating considerations.

The new PTSD criteria is in our PTSD forum.

Do you have a copy of your complete SMRs?

The "nexus" is the inservice proof that this is where your disabilities began.That would include anything noted in your SMRs and/or on your discharge certificate that could link a present condition to something noted in service.

For example-was hearing loss noted in your SMRs? Was your MOS consistent with acoustical trauma (like working on a flight line)-

did you have a documented inservice injury or accident that caused the shoulder and back problems?

I am assuming you already filed a claim-thus the GAF score-maybe I am wrong.

Once a claim is fled the VA will send a VCAA letter that says IMPORTANT REPLY REQUESTED

and will tell you exactly what evidence they need for the claimed conditions.

They need to make a full statement regarding each condition and the evidence needed.

It is imperative to respond to the response form they enclose with this letter.

A properly prepared VCAA letter is the key to assessing what you need to succeed n the claims.

I am still on active duty I am currently on terminal leave I started my QTC physical about 4 months ago I have dopne all the appts and I requested a copy of my CandP yes the GAf score if PTSD claim where would I find the results of the CandP exam? what is SMR? I am a forward observer and I was exposed to loud constant noises also in my med records I dont think I have gotten the VCAA yet where can I find that and where can I get help filling that out? My wife has to help me do things so I dont mess them up.

We need a little more info as to what disabilities you are claiming.

"can some one tell me what I should be expecting?"

Has the 10% gotten worse since that decision?

You will need an inservice nexus (link) for anything you claim.

Did the GAF regard a PTSD claim C & P{ exam?

Do you have the results of that C & P ?

GAF is only one part of rating considerations.

The new PTSD criteria is in our PTSD forum.

Do you have a copy of your complete SMRs?

The "nexus" is the inservice proof that this is where your disabilities began.That would include anything noted in your SMRs and/or on your discharge certificate that could link a present condition to something noted in service.

For example-was hearing loss noted in your SMRs? Was your MOS consistent with acoustical trauma (like working on a flight line)-

did you have a documented inservice injury or accident that caused the shoulder and back problems?

I am assuming you already filed a claim-thus the GAF score-maybe I am wrong.

Once a claim is fled the VA will send a VCAA letter that says IMPORTANT REPLY REQUESTED

and will tell you exactly what evidence they need for the claimed conditions.

They need to make a full statement regarding each condition and the evidence needed.

It is imperative to respond to the response form they enclose with this letter.

A properly prepared VCAA letter is the key to assessing what you need to succeed n the claims.

Sorry I didnt realize you are still active duty.

The Benefits Discharge Delivery Program is explained by post from Pete 992 here:

It is geared to active duty service men and women filing a VA claim while still in service.

You can request a copy of the C & P from the VAMC where it was done (I assume it was done at a VA med Center?

SMR (Service Medical Records) sometimes called STRs Service treatment records.

Dont leave the Mil without them. And make sure your discharge certificate contains any conditions you have.

A VCAA letter will come but then again- if there is enough medical evidence in your SMRs maybe they wont need to send one.

I am not familiar with how the BDD program works but if you search Benefits Discharge Delivery here up top in our search feature I am sure it has been discussed here.

"My wife has to help me do things so I dont mess them up." That was so cute.

Spouses can be a tremendous help in the VA claims process.

I did request the copy of the CandP I have a complete copy of my medical records I had to give the actual file to the va guy and discharge ceert are you talking abotu my DD214? and the reason my wife helps me with eveything is so I dont forget anything or I dont get so mad at people.

Sorry I didnt realize you are still active duty.

The Benefits Discharge Delivery Program is explained by post from Pete 992 here:

It is geared to active duty service men and women filing a VA claim while still in service.

You can request a copy of the C & P from the VAMC where it was done (I assume it was done at a VA med Center?

SMR (Service Medical Records) sometimes called STRs Service treatment records.

Dont leave the Mil without them. And make sure your discharge certificate contains any conditions you have.

A VCAA letter will come but then again- if there is enough medical evidence in your SMRs maybe they wont need to send one.

I am not familiar with how the BDD program works but if you search Benefits Discharge Delivery here up top in our search feature I am sure it has been discussed here.

"My wife has to help me do things so I dont mess them up." That was so cute.

Spouses can be a tremendous help in the VA claims process.

I did request the copy of the CandP I have a complete copy of my medical records I had to give the actual file to the va guy and discharge ceert are you talking abotu my DD214? and the reason my wife helps me with eveything is so I dont forget anything or I dont get so mad at people.

I suggest making yourself a complete copy of your file and Never giving the

actual file to anyone - EVER again, this is for your best interest.