Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Longevity

Rate this question

Wallace34

Question

Sorry I dont know much about these things (websites like this) this is my first one my wife and daughter keep signing me up for blogs and facebook shit all the time. I have a few questiosn though I started my va claim about 4 months before I got off of active duty and I got a copy of my CandP and it says that I have a GAF score of 40 but I am not only claiming my PTSD or anything. What am I looking at for a compensation? and how long should it take to get my disability letter from the VA since I started it 4 months ago since I dont get out of the military till the 28th of this month?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

But I was asking about the PTSD and the TBI you said "exclusive of TBI and PTSD and the solicited items if you choose to formally claim them" what are you meaning by this? are you saying not including this just with what I have for the rest of the medical problems you would say about 60% or am I just reading it wrong?

I'm not about to wade through your C&P records again, so I'll let you do it ...

As I recall, at the end of the general C&P (I believe it was by QTC) there is a fairly lengthy Remarks section about your feet (and perhaps other things too). Also as I recall, there were some radiological reports for your feet.

It's not totally clear to me whether you had claimed a foot problem or whether this came up during the exam. If you claimed it, sorry for getting you hot and bothered. If you had not claimed a foot problem, you likely should.

My estimate was not based at all on TBI (claimed as spinning), PTSD, or any of the other items that you had not specifically claimed. For purposes of the estimation I gave, I assigned the percentages that I was absolutely sure of. So, the 60% range was good. It's probably better to under promise and over deliver though.

WRT any evaluation for TBI, I'd defer this issue for further development; that statement does not mean that I would not grant service connection, just that some information needs clarification. As I recall from the audiology exam, the audiologist provided a diagnosis of TBI and this type of diagnosis is not usually made by an audiologist. I'd defer the issue of TBI for another CP&E by a neurologist to confirm that diagnosis.

As for PTSD, I would defer this also for the above clarification. I recall that the symptoms attributed to the TBI in the audiology exam duplicated many of the symptoms mentioned in the psychiatric examination. Because using the same set of symptoms/findings to support two different evaluations is called "pyramiding", I would want a better feel of the overall situation before I finalized.

While you may believe that your other, specifically not claimed items will be dealt with automatically .... mebbe, mebbe not. A specific claim is prolly best.

An earlier poster mentioned It looks like your hearing is totally shot in both ears. Rather than guess, I took the time to run the numbers through 38 CFR 4.85, Tables VI and VII and I find a 0% evaluation.

Of course, whoever rates your claim may simply choose to ignore everything and just slap on ratings.

But I was asking about the PTSD and the TBI you said "exclusive of TBI and PTSD and the solicited items if you choose to formally claim them" what are you meaning by this? are you saying not including this just with what I have for the rest of the medical problems you would say about 60% or am I just reading it wrong?

Thank you for all your help I will contackt the VA rep that I went threw here at the base and see if he will do anything Thanks alot though it helped out alot now I dont think i will be so stressed.

My estimate was not based at all on TBI (claimed as spinning), PTSD, or any of the other items that you had not specifically claimed. For purposes of the estimation I gave, I assigned the percentages that I was absolutely sure of. So, the 60% range was good. It's probably better to under promise and over deliver though.

WRT any evaluation for TBI, I'd defer this issue for further development; that statement does not mean that I would not grant service connection, just that some information needs clarification. As I recall from the audiology exam, the audiologist provided a diagnosis of TBI and this type of diagnosis is not usually made by an audiologist. I'd defer the issue of TBI for another CP&E by a neurologist to confirm that diagnosis.

As for PTSD, I would defer this also for the above clarification. I recall that the symptoms attributed to the TBI in the audiology exam duplicated many of the symptoms mentioned in the psychiatric examination. Because using the same set of symptoms/findings to support two different evaluations is called "pyramiding", I would want a better feel of the overall situation before I finalized.

While you may believe that your other, specifically not claimed items will be dealt with automatically .... mebbe, mebbe not. A specific claim is prolly best.

An earlier poster mentioned It looks like your hearing is totally shot in both ears. Rather than guess, I took the time to run the numbers through 38 CFR 4.85, Tables VI and VII and I find a 0% evaluation.

Of course, whoever rates your claim may simply choose to ignore everything and just slap on ratings.