VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Vet Earns Agent Orange Recognition - Outside Vietnam!

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Thanks Pete992-

interesting case-

I disagree with the blogger who posted this at the link-

as to providing the VA with a copy of this decision unless the veteran can put himself at same time, same MOS, same place as this veteran and also perhaps be able to provide some buddy statements.

I would suggest instead that a veteran with a highly similiar exposure to AO during this place and time frame submit instead copies of the same literature this veteran did.

The blogger suggest Paul Sutton (a superb vet's lawyer) was responsible for helping with the award but I read this at the BVA site and Matthew D. Hill is listed at BVA as the attorney of record. ?

BVA decisions are usually considered too specific to the veteran who the decision is for and don't have much weight in supporting other claims.

Also,as I found out when I got my BVA award, Most of my evidence was not even mentioned at all.Although they said there was 'at least' relative equipoise. I left no evidentary stone unturned.

When the BVA finds enough evidence to award they often go no further and certainly don't list it all in their decisions.

So this vet might well have had additional evidence that expanded on what the VA noted in the decision.