VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stresser

Rate this question

usmc1979

Question

Hello everyone,

I filled my cliam, Q is will the va find my stressers in my military records IE medels and write ups, Or do i have to tell them where to look? I looked at my records and the stressers are there? Does the va really read ev ererything? I just dont want them to miss this info!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

will the va find my stressers If the stressor is associated with one of the magic medals, the answer is yes. If one of the designated medals is recorded in your DD Form 214, that generally suffices. In the case of a claim for post-traumatic stress disorder, it's part of the development to request your personnel file, the '201 file' from the Records Center; all medal awards should be recorded in the 201 file.

If the stressor is not associated with one of the designated medals, some report or mention of it is - hopefully - in your Service Medical Records, if you had treatment associated with the stressor.

Or do i have to tell them where to look? You could, if it makes you feel better.

Does the va really read ev ererything? I'd say yes.

I just dont want them to miss this info!! I doubt that anything gets missed. However, how much credence or validity is given, ...?

Hello everyone,

I filled my cliam, Q is will the va find my stressers in my military records IE medels and write ups, Or do i have to tell them where to look? I looked at my records and the stressers are there? Does the va really read ev ererything? I just dont want them to miss this info!!

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to describe your stressors and if you have combat awards you need to tell them. Don't leave it up to the VA to do this for you. Do you have a combat award or is yours a noncombat stressor. If noncombat you need to write it up and tell them where to look for it. I would not trust them to find this on their own. You should describe your stressor in detail and explain why it caused dread, fear of death or injury etc. Some are pretty obvious like getting shot at or wounded in action. Others need more explanation.

Thanks for the info, my cliam is for depression and anxiety, Im a combat vet. But the NAM I got was at a fuel site in Afghanistan, It read that an aircraft crashed into my farp ( fuel point) and with my help saved further damage, And we are very lucky only a few marines got hurt (and killed) It could of been much worse if the farp team did'tn take the action they did. Will they find this?

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Give them names, units, date, number wounded or killed, and information on the aircraft to identify it. Do you have a combat ribbon? If yes the VA will accept your stressors.