Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stresser

Rate this question

usmc1979

Question

Hello everyone,

I filled my cliam, Q is will the va find my stressers in my military records IE medels and write ups, Or do i have to tell them where to look? I looked at my records and the stressers are there? Does the va really read ev ererything? I just dont want them to miss this info!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

See, this is what I get for guessing that your stressor was combat related.

In your case, more information is required. While others have made good suggestions, there are other sources to validate your stressor. You have to show evidence that you were involved in the event, not just that you were on-base. If you received a medal for your actions, what does the Citation To Accompany the Award of __________" say? During claims development, it is routine to request your 201/personnel file ... do any or your proficiency or performance reports comment on the event? Additionally, there are unit daily reports and your name perhaps may be mentioned in the reports; give the VARO the date of the event and ask them to request the daily unit reports.

And finally, do you have proof of a current disability? That is, are you receiving treatment for a psychiatric disorder, and have you actually been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder?

Hello everyone,

I filled my cliam, Q is will the va find my stressers in my military records IE medels and write ups, Or do i have to tell them where to look? I looked at my records and the stressers are there? Does the va really read ev ererything? I just dont want them to miss this info!!

Edited by Interested

Thanks for the info interested,

I was the first group in Afghanistan we had no bases yet, My farp was in the middle of the desert in a combat zone, One piece you may find interested in is that my pic in a foxhole during incoming fire was in time magizine, Do to the nature of the incoming no names were printed, But you can tell from a great face picture it is me. Will this help any?

Your PTSD claim might fall into the dates in the New PTSD criteria in our PTSD forum.

This new criteria was developed to make it easier for OIF OEF vets attain PTSD compensation if their MOS was consistent with the part about" Hostile" activity.

Do you have a vet rep?

Thanks for the info interested,

I was the first group in Afghanistan we had no bases yet, My farp was in the middle of the desert in a combat zone,

One piece you may find interested in is that my pic in a foxhole during incoming fire was in time magizine,

Do to the nature of the incoming no names were printed, But you can tell from a great face picture it is me. Will this help any?

How about posting which issue (month and year) of Time magazine this was in - oh and also page number

if you have it.

YES - that would help your claim but shouldn't be needed.

Thanks

Hello carlie,

You have to love mothers for saving all this stuff!! If it was me it would of been in the dump yrs ago LOL

Time magizine Dec 17 2001

Page 23

Cover title= the last days of the taliban.

Also I better pic is the one my mom printed off the internet

its cnn world news posted december 7 2001 9:49 AM.

title= marines kill 7 al qaeda taliban fighters

Let me know if you find this, Would love your input.

Thanks

Hello carlie,

You have to love mothers for saving all this stuff!! If it was me it would of been in the dump yrs ago LOL

Time magizine Dec 17 2001

Page 23

Cover title= the last days of the taliban.

Also I better pic is the one my mom printed off the internet

its cnn world news posted december 7 2001 9:49 AM.

title= marines kill 7 al qaeda taliban fighters

Let me know if you find this, Would love your input.

Thanks

usmc,

I located a link to the issue but can't find a way yet to read the issue

without purchasing it.

http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,20011217,00.html

If you were in these places at these times you should not have difficulty getting SC'd for MH.