Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello Fellow Veterans

Rate this question

c-vet1982

Question

My name is CP, I was removed from 70% TRDL because of permanent physical disability at 10% back in 1984. I somehow missed an appointment and was disallowed for failure to repprt for an exam. I opned my case and should receive an answer this year.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I take it your goal is to re-establish a higher rating. Establishing a higher rating will be dependent on current treatment reports. If you have not been in treatment and are relying on a C&P examiner to get you a higher rating this rarely works based on the diagnosis of a mental condition.

The TBI could berated higher based on recent testing. However, the hard part will be getting a TBI service connected manyyears after discharge if you were not service connected at the time of discharge.

"I have a very complex case. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenic Reaction Paranoid type back in1981-1982……….. My point is I feel that I was misdiagnosed & I have stated this in my claim."

It sounds likeyou are currently service connected at 10% for Schizophrenic Reaction Paranoidtype. Are you in fact service connected for Schizophrenic Reaction Paranoid type at 10% currently. I have assisted veterans in getting old psychiatric diagnoses re-diagnosed. It involves getting an IMO based on a review of the old treatment records combined with the progression of symptoms throughout your life. Once again becauseit involves a progression, treatment records are very important.

Why do you feel you were misdiagnosed? Did a doctor tell you this? Why would you want to seek another diagnosis if you have a current service connected condition that has a potential to be increased.

The best way to learn about your claim is to read other cases. Go to

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

Type in the search perimeter - Schizophrenic Reaction Paranoid type. You can also do this for TBI.

Select 2011 and read current claims and also select all years and read older claims.

Keep posting to hadit

Edited by Hoppy

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Ok in my file it states service-connected for the psychosis but the kicker is i missed an appointment and the 10% wss disallowed. I do have very distinct connections like depression in my file and by my therapist and a psychiayrist amongst other things... I am not trying to get more just what they gave me before.

I honestly am not sure what path i should have taken originally with my claim. I do know i have had problems physically for years following my release from the VA hospital in Brentwood (LA) but I do know that i had been given 10% from ARMY and i signed that i could submit a form for VA benefits etc. I feel like an idiot because who in their right mind ignores that, well apparently me! I have an appointment in 2 days but i feel like i should stop what i am doing and call the VA so i can show them my file and ask what direction is suitable as i am confused as to what i "should have" done from the beginning. My itentions were not to seek an increase just to seek comp for all my issues over the last 30 years...