VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does It Take To Get Compensated?

Rate this question

Rob m

Question

I was rated on 26 July and in the award letter it stated I would recieve xx dollars per month. Here it is 20 Sept and still nothing, how long does this process take?? Also, the VA does not not have my banking information, I'm checking the mail box daily and have yet to recieve payment.

Thank You

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Why doesn't VA have your banking information? You should call them and ask where they sent it to get a trace started. Usually the phone says wait three business days before asking about it for processing, but that's with direct deposit. Direct deposit is a lot safer and easier-ive been paid on or a day before my compensation day every month for the last 9 years.

I was rated on 26 July and in the award letter it stated I would recieve xx dollars per month. Here it is 20 Sept and still nothing, how long does this process take?? Also, the VA does not not have my banking information, I'm checking the mail box daily and have yet to recieve payment.

Thank You

You can start by calling the call center and asking what address they have on file and tell them you have not received anything. There are problems with getting Treasury checks in the mail as people steal them all the time.