VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Asthma Compensatible

Rate this question

Stilt

Question

My situation is this: I am a boots on the ground Vietnam vet (discharged 1970) who began experiencing breathing difficulties in the 80s. Early on I used over the counter remedies to address my breathing issues. About 1992, I went to my doctor who prescribed a med and an inhaler. He diagnosed that I had asthma. I am still using the inhaler, several times a day, every day. I've read several posts where vets have been compensated for Asthma but not enough information was given for comparison purposes. Has any Vietnam vet with asthma had any success being awarded a claim for ashtma? If so, did the VA require that you reported the illness before leaving the service? Asthma is one of the claims that I submitted. Deep inside of me I know Vietnam is the source of my asthma. I am unable to establish a service connection. I'm just trying to figure what are my chances of being awarded a claim. Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Philip is correct. I think you should look for a Doc that specializes on Asthma and is willing to write an opinion that links onset to your service. If you have a CAR or medal you can also use your own words and VA has to consider.

Good Luck