VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C&p Is Today!

Rate this question

c-vet1982

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

VAMC Veterans Administration Medical Center

FOIA Freedom of Information Act

The VAMC might call their FOIA officer a records request officer.

If the VAMC has a lobby with information desk they should know where to send you or you could write to them.

Our local VAMC (Bath NY) used to have their information desk manned by DAV volunteers and then by some nice elderly women who- I dont know where they came from.

One day I asked where a specific office was and these ladies had to ask the patients who were waiting for exams where the office could be.

This is funny-many years ago when we started going to the local VAMC someone there gave us a map of the whole place (it is quite a large place with many buildings)

But nothing on the map had any logo or anything so it was primarily useless.

Every building on the map had an alphabet number but no corresponding logos to say what buildings they were.Or even any names for the little roads inside the facility.

Maybe those ladies at the info desk made that map.

Wow what an experience, I was redirected to another building, then I some mean lady swearing like a sailor waved me forward sat me down. The guy who took my blood pressure was cool i mentioned to him that i waited 30 years for thd day snd he said the doctor was one of the best. when the doctor called me she seemed really pissed off at me. I now know why i never returned because people who deal with stuff become intolerate and indifferent. If i get no percentage i honestly could care less i have worked my entire sdult life other than my 4-month stay in a VA dungeon - my heart goes out to all the vets who have to deal with this garbage. I actually pay in taxes for these pathetic excuses for civil service employees god help us...

Edited by carlie
this description was not necessary

I am going to vent for a minute when I was med vac to the hospital I never received my proprty TV, Stereo, clothes refrigerator man somebody made out like a bandit back ay my barracks...

that is too bad. when i was in the army hospital for mono, they literally bolted my lockers so no one could break in until i was released. everything was safe and sound when i got back.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone for listening to my idiotic rants, i feel like a fool this VA stuff depresses me, again my opologies...

-CP

No apologies are necessary. Part of what Hadit is here for is to allow Veterans to rant.