Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P & T Been Through Voc Ed And Ind Living Program

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Now I get a letter to report to my VARO to speak with and be evaluated for Voc Ed/ Rehab program...Is this something new they are doing to vets? BTW the counselor I am to see was the ending one(had 3 along the way) for my IL program. Should I just go as the appointment has already been set up. or call and cancel as this would be a do over. ( I already had my degrees before entering the program, before I ever filed for disability...they had me do a volunteer program at a site and paid me the stipend and got my dental done before declaring IL was a better fit)

The original counselor was a fabulous man, the secondwas a woman, and I sent 23 emails and reported her as NEVER getting back in touch with me...so they promoted her to supervisor...yep...promoted for negligence, I guess. Anyway the last counselor was a no show no email no phone connection person too...Afraid to report her, as they might promote her to VARO manager.(joking) Anyway IL never completed everything, so do you think she either forgot WHO I AM, or does this start all over again??

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

John 999

So do they do something different now then they did before?

I am 100% P & T With no future exams, but I don't trust them...don't want them to f with my status...or do they suddenly decide to offer vets educational opportunities...AGAIN?? It is 10 days away now...:blink:

If they want to pay you for something why not go and find out? You are a success for them so they want to pass you around the system.

Went today and IL counselor said OMG I forgot about you for a few years and need to close out your account...Makes me drive 157 miles one way to close out my account. WTF!! So I got her to purchase a new chair for ne for my computer. Best one for correct posture. Then she says well if you get better and can work, just call me up and we will put you back into the program. Why couldn't she had just put that in a letter or email, or call me. I hate driving in a big city,,,hate it! I am still white knuckled over this. Well at least she said they will send me a check for my mileage in about 2 weeks. She tells me to work under $960.00 per month...yeah right cause i am 100% PT no future exams...Please...Well gonna get back with her cause I was using my old desk, will tell her to get me a decent one.

I hate traveling far distances...I hate it!!