Copy Of C&p - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com
  • ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png

27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Copy Of C&p

Rate this question

usmcman001

Question

What do I need to do to get copy of c&p. Called my dav rep and he told me not to request copy as it will slow down claim. Is this true? Is there a number to call to get this copy? Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Go to release of records at the VAMC-they print off what is in the system, so it shouldn't slow your claim down at all. The official ruling is that you shouldn't be able to get your C&P results until your claim is done, but it seems that as many RO's and VAMC's follow that as don't. If your C&P was done by a contractor you'll have to go through them to get your exam results.

Go to release of records at the VAMC-they print off what is in the system, so it shouldn't slow your claim down at all. The official ruling is that you shouldn't be able to get your C&P results until your claim is done, but it seems that as many RO's and VAMC's follow that as don't.

If your C&P was done by a contractor you'll have to go through them to get your exam results.

For clarification - if your C&P done by an outside contractor - you will need to

go thru your RO to get a copy and doing this might slow your claim down.

This C&P is owned by the RO not the VAMC/VHA

If the C&P was done at your VAMC - then do as posted above.

Keep in mind if the C&P was for MH - they may not release a copy to you

without prior approval.

This is my understanding.

.....also, if the C&P exam was done by an outside contractor, they must attach a copy of the C&P results to their bill to the VA. If your rep (such as DAV, or American Legion) has access to Virtual VA, they can print a copy directly from that system and provide to you (this is how I got mine about 2 weeks after my exam).

Travis