Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success

Rate this topic

exitflagger

Are you permanent and total? If you got Chapter 35 benefits you are P&T. This has many benefits for your dependents.

I was on SSDI and yet it took me about 18 months to get TDIU. I was rated 70% and I had to get extra IMO's to get TDIU. Then I had to get another one to get P&T. Two years is not a bad timeframe for the VA. It is not as easy as some may think just because you are unemployable and it seems obvious. The VA can throw a monkey wrench into that thing in a hurry.

No I'm TDIU. This really took much longer than 2 years but I didn't want to get into the pre-IU application story.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Exit. In VA time 2 years is pretty good. You have a right to fire a bad VSO and you can find someone to help. However, Hadit may be the best VSO you could ever have cause the info is here and there are many who understand VA regs better than most VSO's.

I am glad you got your earned benefits. Make sure that you also Have Social Security Disability.

I didn't know how to fire my VSO at the time so I just stopped using him then started lurking and reading places like Hadit (big help). I just read the decision and it looks like the doc and counselor putting their opinions on my employability carried some weight.

Two years ain't bad I've seen here but man that learning curve was steep.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use