david walker

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

If you can tell your VSO or vet rep the current problems you have and how they are related to your service and the Gulf War- the rep will take it from there to properly prepare the claim.

"How do I go about getting the proper wording in my claims for increase and possibly the claims on the issues in my SMRs that I had no idea about that I am finding in the C-File? "

A good vet rep should do that for you.

He or she will need to know exactly what SC disabilities you have now, and what they denied for.

It pays to make a brief list and take it with you as to the current disabilities you are claiming.

He/she will have the TDIU form so best to bring that up too. If the rep says your VA SC % isnt enough to apply for TDIU they are wrong.

Personally I think the rep should focus on the TDIU application first.

I think TDIU claims are easier for VA to award than lots of additional claims that cold bring one up to a TDIU level.

You dont have to become overwhelmed ....just keep it simple.

1.What are you claiming (current disabilties you have documented treatment records for)

2. and how they tie in to your service.

For the number #2 you will have time to gather evidence for once the claim is filed.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Here is all the information that I know of at this point, I am still going through the CFile.

I've tried using the VSO and DAV (at the hospital, not the RO - will try the DAV with the RO first thing tomorrow) and those reps eyes glassed over when I asked them for assistance and sent me on numerous dead ends. Hopefully the DAV at the RO will be more helpful. All I ask is to just have someone point me in the right direction and find someone that will geniuely try to get me the proper treatment and hopefully get a somewhat decent quality of life. No special treatment...just a fair shake.

And I thank you for doing that! This forum is a godsend and I wish I had found it sooner, but I am grateful that I found it. Thank you so much....

1.What are you claiming (current disabilties you have documented treatment records for)

These are the current documented disabilities:

a) Chronic Neck Pain - (Foramina encroachment by osteophytes between C7 and T1, Loss of cervical lordosis with straightening from muscle spasms, status post fusion C4 to C6 with small anterior and posterior osteophytes, Chronic numbness/tingling of fingers of both hands)

b) Chronic Low Back Pain - (Loss of Lumbar Lordosis with straightening from muscular spasms, Schmorl's Node in the Inferior Articular Facet of L5 with vacuum phenomena, Broad-based Bulging Ligamentum Annulus at L5-S1 level, DDD, Chronic numbness/tingling of toes in both feet)

c)Insomnia, chronic

d) GERD

e) Gross Hematuria

f) MDD, Recur, Moderate

g)PTSD, Chronic

h)Hypertension

i)Hypercholesterolemia

j)Chronic Constipation

I'm currently rated 20% SC for Spinal Fusion

20% Loss of motion of three fingers (dominant hand)

20% Lumbosacral OR Cervical "Strain" - Intial wording of claim was Herniated Disc, Lumbar, L5-L6 (although there is no such location as L6, but S1, but it "mysteriously" changed to strain during the transfer of my medical history from the Atlanta RO database to the Montgomery database (at least that's what I was told, since my Ga history is treated as a seperate set and no matter how many times I go to eligibilty and ask them to combine the Ga history with my current reocrds, nothing has changed, so I have two seperate sets of records that contradict). However, I have a copy of the original claim wording and the wording of the decision from the Atlanta Decision (from C-File) that actually states: SUBJECT TO COMPENSATION (1. SC) 5237 HERNIATED LUMBER DISCS,L5-L6, SERVICE CONNECTED, 20%, FROM 07/19/2001, not the current wording of Lumbosacral Strain that is currently in my AL VA medical history.

2. and how they tie in to your service.

Underwent a s/p anterior discectomy and fusion for compressive cervical myelopathy including C5 corpectomy, strut graft and anterior plating.

Right hand crushing (underwent reconstructive surgery on 3rd, 4th and 5th digits with fusion of 3rd and 4th knuckles that now move as one)

Lower Back Injury during training for deployment with episodes of loss of bladder and bowel control, inability to climb stairs, chronic loss of feeling in right leg with frequent falls - issues are in SMR and mentioned in the first and only C&P Exam (06/30/2004) I have ever had since my discharge (07/18/2001), which was reduced from 30% to 20% although the C&P dictation clearly stated that my symptoms were either worse or unchanged. I did not know about the appeal process and my "Due Process Expired" as the copy of that rating decision states.

For the number #2 you will have time to gather evidence for once the claim is filed.