Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alternate Methods For Checking For % Disability

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I was a little bored and needed to do something to keep my mind off the waiting game.

After a bit of researching I would to share a possible work around of looking for current disability upgrade..

I use Mozilla firefox , also works on into Explorer.

1. Log into e-benefits in internet explorer

2. Click on apply for benefits

3. Scroll over to the middle of the same page -select benefits explorer

3. Next page shows your profile with current disability on left side

Also, I guess this would apply if you have a current VA loan, not sure if you don't have a loan(Doesn't work on Fire fox)

1. Go to benefits links

2. click housing

3. Click VA home loan certificate

4. On bottom of my VA loan it showed my current disability pay

Disclaimer- Whether or not this gets updated when you get an increase is unknown at this time.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was a little bored and needed to do something to keep my mind off the waiting game.

After a bit of researching I would to share a possible work around of looking for current disability upgrade..

I use Mozilla firefox , also works on into Explorer.

1. Log into e-benefits in internet explorer

2. Click on apply for benefits

3. Scroll over to the middle of the same page -select benefits explorer

3. Next page shows your profile with current disability on left side

Also, I guess this would apply if you have a current VA loan, not sure if you don't have a loan(Doesn't work on Fire fox)

1. Go to benefits links

2. click housing

3. Click VA home loan certificate

4. On bottom of my VA loan it showed my current disability pay

Disclaimer- Whether or not this gets updated when you get an increase is unknown at this time.

I requested a certificate of eligibility for VA home loan. It was issued on 20 Oct and does not reflect 70% assigned on 11 Oct. I'm not so sure that is the most reliable method for finding out your current disability rating

I'll have to agree. It does show your disability-however it doesn't appear to be linked to a VA software program to show a current updated % like the letter generator which the tech dept assured me it would be assigned to someone to fix

So, like Carlie has always said ebenefits is useless, and so is the 1-800#. Called the 1-800# yesterday, and could have gotten more out of Bootsie, my mini weiner super dog.:biggrin:

Papa

YEP-And the regional office calls and says your claim is approved, however I can't give you information. Wait for the letter. Your rating is in the notification stage. Oh-have a nice day.

So the poor Vets are really left out in the cold. They can't get the information by phone, e-benefits, or even the regional office when they call.

We are back to waiting for the letter to hit the mail box, or an surplus of funds in your checking account.

However, the link for the pay still works, perhaps that is the only thing left to check for pending pay to be deposited. Then you can you use that to calculate your new disability while you wait for snail mail.

While in my case is shows the actual disability rating.. overall I think the feature is useless. Most veterans already know their rating. Also if you have to put in information such as your marital status, number of dependants or ethnicity then it is apparent that the profile is not an active profile but something that you need to maintain for it to be valid. Like most of ebenifts... it really is an almost useless cite. It would be better if the page actually showed all of your ratings instead of just the total rating. Of course this is just my humble opinion, and others may find the site more useful. The letter generator isn't all that great either, nor do I think it is hooked into any active database. In my case I am retired military, so a letter for a military ID, and other letters really don't benefit me. I think if someone is rated 100% or TDIU it defaults to specific letter generators that really don't take anything else ( such as retirement status ) into consideration. As such, it is not tied into any active data base. For those that need the letters it offers, it is a nice featre.

Edited by Teac

I don't have a rating and therefore it is asking me to input all information on the profile link, including my VA disability rating. I don't know if maybe because I don't have a rating yet it isn't up, but it all may be information that the user inputs.