Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Let Us Celebrate

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Back last Oct 2010, the VA had be re-evaluated for PTSD. At the time of the C&P, I was rated at 30%. The first C&P was very fast, all the doctor wanted to hear was that I was in a combat zone, had issues, and he had a waiting room full of patience. The second doctor took a lot more time with me, and she even connected my PTSD with my eating habits. She even stated that I would not be able to hold a job, etc. The first Doctor gave me a GAF of 55, and the second one a 50. I thought after reading the report the 50 was too high. It has been a year now, I did not ask for this second exam as I did not have the common sense to ask for one, the VA did. Besides the VA having so many claims, not caring, etc. what or why it is taking so long? I have called the 1-800# and talked to a Rep with sensitive seven clearance. But, that was a total waste of time, my Tom Cat laying on my desk would be more help.

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

John,

I was referring to the i-800 phone call being a waste of time, not the re-evaluation. Just don't understand what is taking so long. I bet if they had a reason to reduce or remove completely, they would have acted months ago.

Papa

That GAF of 50 could help you get 70% so I don't think it was a waste of your time.