VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

13 Year Old Claim From Kkmc Desert Storm

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

Got A Question On how I can Get the VA to move Quicker on this claim.

This is what I've done so far. I filed a claim in 1993. It was Denied in 1997 after the NC VA could not locate my medical files from time served in South West Asia. I continued Trying to Locate this missing Records at least once a year. Now after all this time I have received these Records that Clearly state the Accident, day and time - 4 times in the files. I was seen 4 different times for the same thing. I have Reopened the Claim sent these files to my Regional VA Office in Buffalo NY the 1st week of March. Followed by many other statements from Docters and Employers telling the on Going problems I have had. They have received all this and still have not made any move on doing the right thing? The Original Claim was Denied Because of lack of evidence. No medical records from time in service to prove that it was a service connection Injury. This is why it was denied. Would not the missing medical records be all they would need to seal the deal? How can I get them to move on this? I am no lawyer but it sure looks simple.What can I do to get them to move on this? Help!!

Thanks for the help - macool

• Answers 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have not been in this game as long as some . But I have learned in this short time that My veteran counselor is not worth a crap he has not done a thing for me. I am glad I kept working the Clam . I try to do something each and everyday. Today I received an IRIS email informing me my file is at the bath VA medical center. I had to dig for the Info because the veteran counselor does not do his job . This is what he is for, and he does not have a clue. I even had to tell the man I was eligable for unemployability, again his job! I will not threaten ,I will just take them out. I really don't care about them because that is how they treat me.

Berta , Give me the people to write and file formal complaints and I will follow suite. They are not doing the job they are paid for. There for they need to go. This would only help the new Veterans that are returning now from their duty. It is our duty to help them.

We are in a battle Fight to Win

Macool

To Write To The Governor:

Governor George E. Pataki

State Capitol

Albany, NY 12224 you can email him at his web site too-http://www.ny.gov/governor/

they will kick it over to Albany and that will get a response from them-been there on that-

518-474-8390

Or I suggest that first you email their main office at info@veterans.state.ny.us to make them aware of your problem and give them a chance to fix it-

Not saying what you should do Rick- but I have stacks of emails to and from them for over 2 years-

and the last complaint I filed at Albany in 2004-at this email addy did get attention-

State your complaint and tell them you want some clear action.

They have some wannabees vet reps there who might reply-in that case-put Attention Harvey Mc Cagg,resend your complaint and you might get some better results.

I have done all I could think of to do for 2 years with them to get my claim squared away-- but actually I only realized recently how negligent they have been.

I heard good things about Pete, Rick, I sure did, but what he asked me yesterday was ridiculous-I am worried about him as my POA- but I refuse to rescind my POA for SPITE.

I pay and my kid paid their salaries.

I think they are her POA too.

To Write To The Governor:

Governor George E. Pataki

State Capitol

Albany, NY 12224 you can email him at his web site too-http://www.ny.gov/governor/

they will kick it over to Albany and that will get a response from them-been there on that-

518-474-8390

Or I suggest that first you email their main office at info@veterans.state.ny.us to make them aware of your problem and give them a chance to fix it-

Not saying what you should do Rick- but I have stacks of emails to and from them for over 2 years-

and the last complaint I filed at Albany in 2004-at this email addy did get attention-

State your complaint and tell them you want some clear action.

They have some wannabees vet reps there who might reply-in that case-put Attention Harvey Mc Cagg,resend your complaint and you might get some better results.

I have done all I could think of to do for 2 years with them to get my claim squared away-- but actually I only realized recently how negligent they have been.

I heard good things about Pete, Rick, I sure did, but what he asked me yesterday was ridiculous-I am worried about him as my POA- but I refuse to rescind my POA for SPITE.

I pay and my kid paid their salaries.

I think they are her POA too.

"I even had to tell the man I was eligable for unemployability, again his job!" I was very disturbed one day when I was there and they couldn't even find a TDIU form-

I could have brought them plenty -

I gave Pete's boss lots of hadit business cards last year and he said he would give them out to the vets who came in- I wonder if he did-

I sure suggested he get on line here too-he would have learned something about the way claims should be handled and would not be in the crapper now because I have complained big time about him.

As I stated Before I do a radio show on sunday mornings on Freedom 105.3 my wife runs this radio station. Every year we do a couple of drives for the troops overseas and at that time I meet people like Congressmen Senators and others because it is good public relations for them They all show up for the support the troops drives. I will do my thing when I get the chance to do so. They will take care of me because I could be saying good things about them using 55,000 watts with about a 4 hundred mile radius of coverage. in other words I have an very loud mouth.

I feel now that something needs to be done about our local VA system here in western NY, Think I'm ging to really start raising hell. I'll get my wife to do a support the troops drive thats always a good day for everyone involved and it lets the troops know someone cares and remembers .

Till then I'll start writing to the places listed and find others. Lets see if I can help bring the ceiling down on them

Macool

Rick one of our members- an email vet friend of mine has written to Senator Schumer. The reply from the Buffalo VARO contained their mention of a potential Sec 1151 claim.

Yikes- right in the vet's C & P exam the VA doc also gave evidence of Sec 1151.

We whipped that 1151 claim together in a heartbeat.

I suggest writing to either Senator Schumer or Clinton.

I wrote to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs-he got my letter and 5 days later VA got his letter.

It was with a Cong liason person last week but this week 800# doesn't know where it went.

They hate mail from Congressmen ans Senators because they have to actually read the claims file enough to answer the letter.

I told Senator Craig a little about the DRO conference my POA had with the DRO and what my POA vet rep said when he called me.

and that my IMO -the purpose of the conference -was never mentioned by the VARO -ever even after that conference.and of course my POA has no documentation whatsoever that he gave her the IMO or even discussed it with her.

Our mutual POA just found out about that dime I dropped on them with Sen Craig.

My phone up here has been down for 2 weeks- they are repairing the cables (I hope)

It rings but I cannot hear over the static-and the call box doesnt pick up who it is- the vet reps have probably been calling me as well as emailing-it has been ringing a lot- but

Rick-if they call me after the phone gets fixed-I have the call box and I wont answer it-

they have to respond in email to me-phone calls just help them perpetuate lies.

I cant prove what the vet rep said to me by phone but I certainly did not lie to a Senator about what he said.

Edited by Berta

I have not been rated as of yet . but it is in the works . The VA has denied me for 15 years saying there is no proof of service connection from time claimed. I have found the missing Original medical files from desert storm and submitted them to the VA for the first time in 2006 feb of 2006 they denied me because of lack of medical files from the time claimed that I have now sent them the files that were missing . do you feel a cue I DO . It is now the Veterans turn to do the screwin wait till they do my medical exam . I have had people ask me for lotts of years what I was doing in the feild of employment that I did and I told them feeding my family did what I had too but now I am unable and its the VA fault for not doing the right thing in 1993 when I first filed. Don't give UP thats my story. Veterans Got to fight the VA if they know what the truth is then Don't give up till the Fat lady sings.

We are in a battle Fight to win

Macool