Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Web Site To Generate Letter To Your Congressman/woman

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

I was looking online for info about CHAMPVA and the proposal to extend it to children up to age 26. I came across this website, popvox.com. Here's the link I found:

https://www.popvox.c...ls/us/112/hr115

It outlines the bill that's before congress and allows you to either support or oppose it, and then sends a letter to your congressman with your comments. You have to give them your name & address & phone, because they need to know which congress person to send it to, and their office requires your phone number. I was really hesitant about that, so I did some research online. They look legit to me, and more so, like maybe some congress people are paying attention to the support/oppose numbers that are easy to find for each bill.

I supported the bill to extend CHAMPVA, to retro C&P money back to a year before the date the claim was filed, and a few other things that are important to me in my corner of the land.

I hope I'm not wasting my time with it, because there were several bills pertaining to veterans and/or military.

If someone sees something not right about it, please, please, let me know! If it passes the sniff test, maybe this would be a good way to let our congress folk know what we want. I've tried for years to write or call my congressman, but never been able to pick up the phone or send the letter. This is quick and easy, and while not anonymous to the congress person or their staff, well, they know where we live anyway if we're registered voters.

My virus software made nary a peep, and the person who runs the site seems to taken seriously....

Hope I'm helping with this information, and sorry if it's a glop of hooey.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ooh, found a new one, H.R. 2302.... it would require the VA to disclose to congress expenditures for conferences prior to the event.

I am not making this up. Way back in '94 or '95 I was a federal employee and our directorate sent a person down to the Disney Business school for a week. He was the SECURITY MANAGER, but he was supposed to learn all about good customer service. He came back with a tan and we had to sit through a training course where he gave out little rubber Disney characters as rewards for people who answered his questions at the end. I am looking at the little Goofy as I type. The irony is boundless. And yes, I listened to the training. All common sense, really.

I'm sure that conferences are often necessary and useful, but my friendly neighborhood postmistress told me that the PO has gone to all teleconferencing to save money.

Am I being political? I'm confused and can't figure it clearly. Funny how learning to type - good Lord - 35 years ago in High School makes my fingers still work when my brain is half paying attention and oooh, it's raining again. We have a steel roof and it sounds so pretty. I'm so grateful that my tinnitus isn't so bad that I can't hear the rain...