Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd, No Dental?

Rate this question

strykergrunt

Question

Is the eligibility office correct or just being lazy? Is there some kind of loop hole? I thought I was eligable for any VA healthcare. They said since I'm temporarily rated and still have future exams I don't qualify?

My anxiety leads me to grind my teeth, so its connected to my SC PTSD.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

strykergrunt - never ever believe anything a VA employee "tells" you, as many times they are wrong, and they cannot be held responsible. You need to apply and get a "written" denial, and if denied, you need to appeal. jmo

pr

Okay they told me I am not able to get dental, ah well.

Is the eligibility office correct or just being lazy? Is there some kind of loop hole? I thought I was eligable for any VA healthcare. They said since I'm temporarily rated and still have future exams I don't qualify?

My anxiety leads me to grind my teeth, so its connected to my SC PTSD.

you might try to get a secondary service connection because the ptsd causes you to grind your teeth. my landlord is also 50% ptsd and has the same problem. he has applied but hasn't received a ruling.

as to your current situation, i just received IU awarded P&T. when i went to the dental clinic to make my first appointment, the clerk queried the va system. one of the things she was looking for was the permanent and total designation. i mention this because it is my believe you can't get dental if your 100% is temporary. i could also be wrong!

• HadIt.com Elder

strykergrunt - why do you say you are temporary?? Are you calling it temporary because of the future exam(s) or did the VA call it temporary, in your award letter?? I believe, as long as your ratings aren't convalescent, as when recovering from knee replacement or like a 100% rating for prostate cancer and continued temporarily, until after treatment, you should get dental.

The best thing to do is apply for dental services, in writing, and if they tell you "no" request a written denial that you can appeal. If you do that they'll probably give you the services, then. jmo

pr

I am not P and T. I know I am not P and T. There are long threads on this board about it. I have dental care. I had a cleaning the other day. I have surgery later this month. Temporary does not mean 100 percent scheduled with an exam in 5 years.

strykergrunt - why do you say you are temporary?? Are you calling it temporary because of the future exam(s) or did the VA call it temporary, in your award letter?? I believe, as long as your ratings aren't convalescent, as when recovering from knee replacement or like a 100% rating for prostate cancer and continued temporarily, until after treatment, you should get dental.

The best thing to do is apply for dental services, in writing, and if they tell you "no" request a written denial that you can appeal. If you do that they'll probably give you the services, then. jmo

pr

Yes, what Phillip says. I am saying too.