Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd, No Dental?

Rate this question

strykergrunt

Question

Is the eligibility office correct or just being lazy? Is there some kind of loop hole? I thought I was eligable for any VA healthcare. They said since I'm temporarily rated and still have future exams I don't qualify?

My anxiety leads me to grind my teeth, so its connected to my SC PTSD.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

As soon as I got TDIU I was eligible for dental before I got P&T. In fact, I got reimbursed for dental care I paid for while my TDIU claim was on appeal. I went to Fee Base and put in a claim for reimbursement as "Unauthorized expense". I got paid! It took 6 months to get $2400. You are also eligible for vision care if you are TDIU or 100% and you don't have to be P&T. I got these benefits while my denial of Chapter 35 was on appeal.

As soon as I got TDIU I was eligible for dental before I got P&T. In fact, I got reimbursed for dental care I paid for while my TDIU claim was on appeal. I went to Fee Base and put in a claim for reimbursement as "Unauthorized expense". I got paid! It took 6 months to get $2400. You are also eligible for vision care if you are TDIU or 100% and you don't have to be P&T. I got these benefits while my denial of Chapter 35 was on appeal.

dang, i got vision care when i was 10%! i am curious about the denatl without being p&t since the criteria listed in federal benefits for veterans says differently? i was able to get one time dental care while drawing my pension because the problem could have threated my weakened immune system. but even then, my primary care doc had to beg the dentist!

• HadIt.com Elder

At Dallas VAMC full dental for any kind of 100% rating.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

If you 100% schedular or IU, you are entitled to comprehensive outpatient dental care, UNLESS you have a temporary rating. An example is prostate cancer, where the 100% rating is reevaluated 6 months after the treatment is completed.