VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C&p Is Tomorrow

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

well my PTSD C&P is tomorrow and I am freaking out. The stress load here is getting heavy. I feel like a cat walking on a hot tin roof. I know I need to calm down, but how? I have read evey statement on here from other veterans. I have asked questions and have gotten some very good replys back. I guess tomorrow will tell, if it is a yea or nae. I have things to say and show, but will they listen or just go thru the motion of listering to me. I know they have questions to ask, but will it be base strickly on the questions? I will just be glad when it is over and I have this monkey off my back, and maybe I can sleep more than a few hours at a time. Sorry about the rant, just had to vent.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just be honest and truthful as to how PTSD affects your everyday life.

Try to relax a bit... I know, easier said than done.

Best wishes on your C&P.

ALOT OF US ON HADIT HAVE HAD THIS EXAM

2 cents worth !

Wording and what you tell the examiner is very important

Such as whether or not the claimed stressor is related to the VETERANS fear of hostile military or terrorist activity;if possible the answer should be yes,this is one of the most important question you may get

If answer no, could cost you a denial on your claim[if you can answer yes would be better for your claim

Try to tell all, this is not the time to hold back [normally this is a one time shot to get it right

take your time and think about the questions given

Who is doing this {QTC} or the VA

There is a sample of the PTSD exam on HADIT try to read it some today

Hope the best to you

Edited by doogie

ALOT OF US ON HADIT HAVE HAD THIS EXAM

2 cents worth !

Wording and what you tell the examiner is very important

Such as whether or not the claimed stressor is related to the VETERANS fear of hostile military or terrorist activity;

if possible the answer should be yes,this is one of the most important question you may get

If answer no, could cost you a denial on your claim[if you can answer yes would be better for your claim

Try to tell all, this is not the time to hold back [normally this is a one time shot to get it right

take your time and think about the questions given

The above apply's IF the claim is being rated under the new PTSD regs

and IF the stressor relates to the example above.

The above apply's IF the claim is being rated under the new PTSD regs

and IF the stressor relates to the example above.

Thanks for the clarification CARLIE my mind doesn't work right anymore

Thanks for the clarification CARLIE my mind doesn't work right anymore

Thanks Carlie, it was good reading. Well I was prepared, but I was really surprise when I got there. I thought since my VA Doctor set up this appointment I would see a psychaitist ( mis spelled??). Anyway I was placed in a room with a group of veteraens talking about things that wasn't my comcern. like anger manament. SO MY QUESTION IS ,,,is this normal to get disnose with PTSD? I did ask to see a psychaitst before I left the clinic.