Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Sign in to follow this  
westcoastlv

2Nd C&p Ptsd Exam

Question

Hello All,

My husband has his 2nd C&P Exam for PTSD tomorrow. The first was during the initial claim, this one is for the R2R/Increase Claim.

The 1st claim was with a mental health contractor, and this one is scheduled with a VA doctor at the VA clinic.

Has anyone had experience with a 2nd exam for increase, if yes, how was it similar or different from the 1st?

All of the stressors, etc have already been decided and conceeded. This exam is to see if the condition is worse, so I'm looking for some insight as to how this exam might be different.

Thanks in advance.

Mine C&P was done in april for increase and this is what the doc asked me : Family history, Medical history, work history, military history/stressors, who handles my finances, they will have behavioral observations. present life situations and daily functioning for the past year - what you do, panic attacts ect. How you look (grooming) if you have friends or not. if you talk to people or not. how you deal with people or now. I didn't have to do any "tests" like tracing or remembering or anyting like that. but he did ask me at the end "if you had one wish....what would it be." hope that helps.

Ad

OK, just returned from Hubby's 2nd PTSD exam. It went pretty much as USMCGIRL described it. The downside, they didn't let me attend this exam with my husband, which made him very agitated. That's a good thing because they get to see him as he is when he is alone in a stressful situation. Not nearly as bad as he can be, but enough to demonstrate his mood swings.

He did say the examiner ultimately asked did he want to work, and if they found him a job would he work. He answered that he was so volatile and explosive when dealing with others that it wouldn't be good for his coworkers. He said that he couldn't predict when he would 'just go off' and was afraid of really hurting someone at work.

So, being that this was with a VA doctor, I wonder how long it will take me to get a copy of the C&P results.

it took me about a month. I went to the James Haley here in Tampa to the release of information department and picked up my results.

Good luck

Joker

1321918993' post=263853]

OK, just returned from Hubby's 2nd PTSD exam. It went pretty much as USMCGIRL described it. The downside, they didn't let me attend this exam with my husband, which made him very agitated. That's a good thing because they get to see him as he is when he is alone in a stressful situation. Not nearly as bad as he can be, but enough to demonstrate his mood swings.

He did say the examiner ultimately asked did he want to work, and if they found him a job would he work. He answered that he was so volatile and explosive when dealing with others that it wouldn't be good for his coworkers. He said that he couldn't predict when he would 'just go off' and was afraid of really hurting someone at work.

So, being that this was with a VA doctor, I wonder how long it will take me to get a copy of the C&P results.

Well, we picked up the 'Progress Notes' from the C&P Exam for PTSD increase. The Business Office told us that this is not the actual C&P report. In reading through it, there seems to be some answers that are contradictory to other answers. For example it says, "Occupational and social impairment with occassional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks, although generally functioning ,satisfactorily, with normal routine behavior, self care and conversation." But then it goes on to say under PTSD Criterion F: "The PTSD symptoms described above cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupation, or other important areas of functioning."

Also, in Axis IV it states: "no social contacts or activities"; In Clinical Findings it states: "vet is opposed and distrustful to make new friendships, he stays home and does not socialize"; In section C of Criterion it states: "marked diminished interest or participation in significant activities; feeling of detachment or estrangement from others; restricted range of affect (unable to have loving feelings); In section D of Criterior it states: "irritability or outbursts of anger; difficulty concentrating; hypervigilance".

However, under the symptoms section, these same items were NOT checked, such as: suspiciousness; inability to establish and maintan effective relationships; impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence;

Not only that, there were other things that were NOT checked that were certainly discussed during the exam such as depression, panic attacks, memory loss; persistent danger of hurting self or others; persistent delusions or hallucinations.

There are so many things that we disagree with in the 'Progress Note'. Is there any way to disagree with these findings??

Those are "progress notes" and not the actuall report that the doc may dictate so I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket just yet. I would wait until you see what the actual report says and if you disagree with that make sure you tell his case worker at the DAV/VSO and his regular psychologist to have it documented in his med records and why. then get a copy of that appointment and you could maybe submit an IMO to back that up. it will work out!