Parkinsons Disease

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That is one of the chemicals that made me sick on duty which I had to work with long after the doctors removed me from working with petroleum chmicals.. after being taken out of one job and getting very sick... I was forced to work witht his chemical and got very sick again...

it's al in my SMR's and active duty records... that is why I am fighting the denials with appeals.. I suffer from not only pancreas disease, but many neurological disorders and take meds for those diseases too..

They gasoline and jet fuels made me very sick over a long period of time, then the Trico made me sick.. we used it to clean printing presses... and rollers..

I wa sick for 2 years on active duty..

it causes swellling, rashes, headaches, and neurological problems..

Edited by retiredat44

All I know is that I did not shake before Vietnam, but did afterward. Filed a claim in 1973-74 with the American Legion. Denied, as I would not go to a doctor with this as it was seen as a personal weakness. AL told me to go home, and live my life. Nothing about exams, appeals, etc., and I was just too young and stupid back then. I just wish we had Hadit back then, and computers.

Papa

The American Parkinsons Assoc and the VA Have joint clinics , I believe 6 of them just for Parkinsons. I do know one of them is in Houston TX , This is not a widly known fact in the VA system and some Va dr's wont share this info.

You can look up the american parkinson's assoc . or ask Debakey va hosp in houston for info on the clinics. They do pay travel pay to these clinics.

Finding and going to the one in houston has been rather helpfull.

Considering the statistics, the VA needs to make PD a presumptive condition, whether one served in Vietnam or the Gulf like ALS is.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6371426_veterans-benefits-parkinson_s-disease.html#ixzz1kQiaptCu

Parkinson's disease (PD) is one of the most common neurologic disorders. It affects roughly 1.5 million Americans. The Veterans Health Administration treats an estimated 40,000 veterans with PD each year.

There are over 22, 700,000 million of the US population are veterans and over 40,000 have or have been treated for PD or .5% of the veteran population and there is over 312,884,000 million in the entire US population and 1.5 million have PD or .2 %.

There is a genetic research company doing studies on Parkinson's along with other conditions. Currently they are providing FREE DNA testing for people diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Visits www.23andme.com/pd/codereq and fill out the information requested and the company will send you a DNA kit free of charge. Once you provide your DNA they will test it and then will provide you with feedback.

MY neurologist scheduled an MRI for my brain, because of symptoms that fit several neuro diseases,,, I will have the mri in about 2 weeks... hopefully I will get more diagnoses in June... and then send them in with my appeal stuff for that part of my claim..

latest symptom developing is numbness on left side of my body... already been suffering from uncontrollable moving and shaking and tremors for many years... last mri for the brain was on active duty for headaches from chemicals.. 30 years ago..... I am unable to hold a cup of water in left hand.. without the cup going wild and water everywhere..

feels very numb,, sometimes when I rest left arm turns into a limb that I must carry with my right hand until it comes back... not like sleeping, more like a dead arm.. he poked me with a needle and I ask him to push it in and sharpen it so I could feel it.. left foot the muscles often twist and look like prezels.. and hurt bad... knee totally goes bad and can't walk somedays after walking a short disance.. and I need to find out if the diabetes is starting again, from the pancreas disease.. legs are still swollen from the calf up..

fits symptoms of both Parkinsons and MS... the shaking .... pain.... moving my limbs....

cloneazapam seems to hellp alot for the wild kicking, but he cannot give any more proponolo because of the pancreas disease..