Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice On Stalled Claim

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey I got a problem with the VA which is not that uncommon around here. I have a problem with the lenght of time the VA is taking with my claim for 100% following a SC surgery ( 3 level Lumbar Fusion) I am still under the same surgeons care who did the fusion. I did it outside the VA I had heard and seen some crappy work on some VA operations but I choose to pick the best man for the job. I have submited all of the records almost 17 months later I am still not able to get around without help and I am sure he did all he could but my back was so screwed up and the arthritis that had set up and the nerve damage are factors that I had claimed also on the claim but nothing has been done so any ideas?

They have had all the information since the first date of claim after the surgery but still no answer to my letters or calls. I just asked the VA to call me about the status of my claim as I was told the VA should have made a descion by now according to the dates showing the information from the hospital records Surgeons report and all the required aid and attendance forms and letters stating I am P&T disabled due to the SC Back injury and surgeries 3 so far but I hope the last surgery. I am getting ready to leave the state I wanted to get the claim finished or at least moving again before I leave thanks have a great Thanksgiving to all.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That is a long time. I had one of my veterans call the VACO when his went this long for a temp 100%, he got the payment in less than a week, and everything in his claim denied.

Yes your 17 months is to long.

Hey I got a problem with the VA which is not that uncommon around here. I have a problem with the lenght of time the VA is taking with my claim for 100% following a SC surgery ( 3 level Lumbar Fusion) I am still under the same surgeons care who did the fusion. I did it outside the VA I had heard and seen some crappy work on some VA operations but I choose to pick the best man for the job. I have submited all of the records almost 17 months later I am still not able to get around without help and I am sure he did all he could but my back was so screwed up and the arthritis that had set up and the nerve damage are factors that I had claimed also on the claim but nothing has been done so any ideas?

They have had all the information since the first date of claim after the surgery but still no answer to my letters or calls. I just asked the VA to call me about the status of my claim as I was told the VA should have made a descion by now according to the dates showing the information from the hospital records Surgeons report and all the required aid and attendance forms and letters stating I am P&T disabled due to the SC Back injury and surgeries 3 so far but I hope the last surgery. I am getting ready to leave the state I wanted to get the claim finished or at least moving again before I leave thanks have a great Thanksgiving to all.

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook