Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Administrative Review

Rate this question

Ret.Navy

Question

My initial Claim was opened June 05, 2010 and closed without a complete resolution. The claim has re-opened and went through the development phase again. I had two additional C & P exams, one in July and the other in august of this year. eBenefits shows that my claim is in the gathering evidence phase, but back in September I was told the VA had all the evidence it needed and was waiting to go to a rater. I called the other day and was told the same thing, that they have all the need and my file was waiting to go to a rater. I know the VA is backed up (my VRO is Waco), but I am begining to think that administrative review means my file is sitting on an administrator's desk and they review the outside file cover daily. Please Advise.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy, it is really just part of the game. We get so worked up in the waiting phase that every emotion possible jumps at us from each and every angle.

It is almost impossible to get an exact claim status at any RO. Administrative review does mean someone has intentions of looking at your claim. They will eventually get to it.

You wont believe how many times I heard that when my claim was being processed. It me over 14 years to go from zero to 100+ percent and I had very strong medical evidence.

Hang in there and find something to take your mind off this.

Also if you have a good VSO who has a contact inside the RO may be an avenue for you to pursue. Most VSO;s like th4e DAV, Legion, PVA, AMVETS , State Dept of Veteran affairs have regional office employees and it is their job to follow up.

I hope you hear something soon.

Basser

I agree completely w/jbasser... I have a "regular" claim filed in May of 2012 (also in Waco) and its been in development for almost a year, all C&Ps completed over a year ago, despite the VA and VSO telling me that they have everything that they need. Waco is backlogged beyond belief, so I would also suggest to you that you first take care of yourself as thinking about the claim all of the time will drive you crazy, find something else to absorb the time as they are not in a hurry to "make you happy".

My initial Claim was opened June 05, 2010 and closed without a complete resolution. The claim has re-opened and went through the development phase again. I had two additional C & P exams, one in July and the other in august of this year. eBenefits shows that my claim is in the gathering evidence phase, but back in September I was told the VA had all the evidence it needed and was waiting to go to a rater. I called the other day and was told the same thing, that they have all the need and my file was waiting to go to a rater. I know the VA is backed up (my VRO is Waco), but I am begining to think that administrative review means my file is sitting on an administrator's desk and they review the outside file cover daily. Please Advise.