Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Finally Got My Call.

Rate this topic

Stu Pidasso

As some of you know my claim has been rather interesting. I started it September the 10th 2010, I had all of my C&P exams completed by March 28th 2011. My claim sat inactive for months. Finally in September of 2011 I got approved to expedite the process because of financial hardship. The thing is, when they approved me they also decided to send me to a civillian Dr to do all my C&P exams and X-rays again. This was horrible and I kept getting sent to exams over and over. Everyone said to just go and not question it. I tried to use a VSO they did nothing for me. I realized I was on my own and that this was more important to me than anyone else. So I asked QTC why I was having so many exams. It turned out that the QTC Dr had added 26 new conditions to my claim and VARO (Winston-Salem) was asking for evidence to support all of the things the Dr had added. I told them (QTC) to stop and send my file back to the VARO and that I was all done submitting evidence. I did not need to add to what was there. Well another month passed then 2. I wound up calling VA January 4th 2012 and explained that I am being evicted from my house and how I had already done everything I need to do to get rated. She explained that there were conditions on my claim with no evidence. I told her to remove them and make sure IU (individual unemployability) were removed. Then I made sure that she had the original 6 still there. Well I get a phone call last Wednesday. I have been rated at 100% p&t. I recieved backpay for 16 months at 100% rate. I put my own claim together, I never lied, I never streteched the truth, and I never asked for anything I did not deserve. I was able to accomplish this on my first try. I would like to thank those of you that helped me. This saved my family from homelessness.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go, great job on staying on top of it. Congratulations.

Stu said:

"I put my own claim together, I never lied, I never streteched the truth, and I never asked for anything I did not deserve. I was able to accomplish this on my first try. I would like to thank those of you that helped me. This saved my family from homelessness. "

That is a testament to how the process should really work.

I sure commend you for doing such a good job ,while dealing with the financial stress you were under.

I even have to commend the VA too for doing the right thing in the award you got.

You had the evidence you needed! And the VA acknowledged it!

Your post is quite uplifting!

Relax and enjoy this victory.Stu!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use