VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A Va Financial Hardship Program While Waiting?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

hey folks, me again...

i'm down to about my last money in savings account. i've been having to dip into it to supplement ssd and va disability income while waiting on decision for va increase. i'm sure a common scenario amongst us.

is there a va program one can apply for financial hardship while waiting on increase decision? after savings is gone i don't think i can do rent and my simple monthly bills which are just bare essentials, zero enteratainment or things tlike that. just bare eessentials.

not whining, just the facts

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

hey folks, me again...

i'm down to about my last money in savings account. i've been having to dip into it to supplement ssd and va disability income while waiting on decision for va increase. i'm sure a common scenario amongst us.

is there a va program one can apply for financial hardship while waiting on increase decision? after savings is gone i don't think i can do rent and my simple monthly bills which are just bare essentials, zero enteratainment or things tlike that. just bare eessentials.

not whining, just the facts

If you have any eviction notices or notices to turn off utilities you can submit copies of those

along with a request for hardship expedition of claim issues.

It will put you in a different line if accepted for hardship.

I suggest checking local / state / county resources.

Many SSA and VBA claimants loose everything the have prior to receiving positive adjudications

of either one or both.

JMHO

If there are children in the household under the age of 18 you can apply to the American Legion for assistance.

If you have any eviction notices or notices to turn off utilities you can submit copies of those

along with a request for hardship expedition of claim issues.

It will put you in a different line if accepted for hardship.

I suggest checking local / state / county resources.

Many SSA and VBA claimants loose everything the have prior to receiving positive adjudications

of either one or both.

JMHO

ok, thanks. i'll check. not much in this state though. i'll check around in my soppurt groups. most of them have been trhough this stuff too