VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens If I Am Awarded 100% For Cfs?

Rate this question

BFR

Question

If things fell just right (or wrong) there is a possibility that I could be awarded 100% for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome alone.

What, if any, unanticipated consequences would this have? I've seen something in these forums about a 100 percent rating somehow disqualifying a vet from being allowed to be employed. But from what I've seen those were mental health ratings (probably 'danger to self or others' or that kind of thing.)

Would a 100 rating for this specific diagnosis alone (not a combined percentage) make the VA declare me unemployable?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

6354 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): Debilitating fatigue, cognitive impairments (such as inability to concentrate, forgetfulness, confusion), or a combination of other signs and symptoms: Which are nearly constant and so severe as to restrict routine daily activities almost completely and which may occasionally preclude self-care 100 Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities to less than 50 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least six weeks total duration per year 60 Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities to 50 to 75 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least four but less than six weeks total duration per year 40 Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities by less than 25 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least two but less than four weeks total duration per year 20 Which wax and wane but result in periods of incapacitation of at least one but less than two weeks total duration per year, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication 10 Note: For the purpose of evaluating this disability, the condition will be considered incapacitating only while it requires bed rest and treatment by a physician.

This is the rating schedule for the condition.

The only way you would not be able to work would be the scenario that you were awarded IU.

at 100 percent, you can work but the criteria for 100 percent sounds like you have to be pretty messed up to get it and I cant see a person working who is that messed up,

J

In my experience with CFD, (which I don't have, but a family member does) if you're rated at 100% for CFD, there would be absolutely no ability or opportunity for you to work. You would be almost bed ridden. So, either there are some things about your perceived rating that you're not telling us, or I hate to mention this, you're not that stricken with CFD, and are wanting something more...anybody feel free to correct me please!!

You can make an income with a 100% rating of CFS. the main thing is that one would not be ble to have a normal type of job.

If things fell just right (or wrong) there is a possibility that I could be awarded 100% for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome alone.

What, if any, unanticipated consequences would this have? I've seen something in these forums about a 100 percent rating somehow disqualifying a vet from being allowed to be employed. But from what I've seen those were mental health ratings (probably 'danger to self or others' or that kind of thing.)

Would a 100 rating for this specific diagnosis alone (not a combined percentage) make the VA declare me unemployable?

No worries, Wilkie, this was one of those posts made after too little sleep and too much medication, after one of those nights when all the what-ifs seem to crowd in and take front seat. One of thse things that I'd really like to 'unsay.'

Besides, you got it backwards. The absolute worst-case scenario for me would have been a 100% rating. I've had my C and P and I'm convinced that there is no possibility of that happening now.