Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Serious Sleep Issues..

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Ever since I got very sick I have had a terrible time sleeping without having to take meds, go to the bathroom, and lay in agony to sick to sleep, until I literally pass out for being up too long...

I also had a record of sleep prbolems as an in patient for 6 months with inability to sleep due to pain, nightmares where I would be screaming..

When I told my doctor I was passing out sitting at my computer she didn't understand and had my driver license piulled..

I had extensive health and heart monitoring while hospitalized and wore heart monitors.. connected to wireless computer..

I got my licvense back when they figured out that I was trying to say that my intestines were causing great fatigue when I ate, the block arteries caused the blood to not pump properly, causing drowsiness... had splenic and portal vein (thrombosis). (but my doctor at that time would not listen and thought i had a heart condition..).

I have violent nigthmares, I kick the stuff around my bed, and hit things, and get close to breaking everything and almost break my bones...

I usually don't make it out of bed but actually sleepwalk up on my bed, but haven't actually slept walked out of the room for many years..

thye vilolence of me kicking things scares the hell out of me, I am going ot do some real bad damage..

I spent a lot fo time screaming when people tried to walke me I would scream like a Banshee on fire when people would strtle me..

the drugs I take for thr muscle twisting in bed has helped a lot,, my feet and toes were tying into knots,, form some neuro disease(s).. Cloneazpam helps a bunch with that, but that can also happen during hte day and my feet and muscles will twsit into knots pulling my joints dislocating the bones...

I was sent to a sleep clinic but they couldn't find anything and the ngith they gave me a device to record I was up mos the time only getitng 3 hours sleep before retruning the CPAP machine and recorder..

I can go several days of can't sleep to several days of cannot stay awake at all and passing out trying to sit up..

I dfon't have problems driving, well because I don't drive often, and when I don't feel well I don't drive.. let's face itm driving int he cities sucks enough with al the idiots.. and it's not fun, expecially with old cars that need replaced.. (no money).. and to sick to take vacation, I haven't had a vacation since the 1980's due to health bad and no money...

I wonder if the VA claims wil see al the notes taken by the nurses form my 6 months int he hsopital bed..

the nurses recorded eveyr breath I took, didn't take, bad joke I made,, etc... but I doubt the claims people wil read those as they don't read the medical records to begin with, or else I would have gotten my claim approved immediately because al the proof has been in my records from day #1. Going back my whole life..

I gave the Service my medical records wfrom when I was achild because during my etrance exam, I opened my big mought and told them about my congenital cataracts, so I had to go back tot he doctors I had as a child and get the records whoing the cataracts were dormant and may never grow... that was 40 years ago... and the wrote waiver saying I had 20/20 vidion and hte cataracts were dormant.. so they have my records (or had them) going back shwoing eveyrhting known about me from my childhood years and up...

which show I didn't have any other pre-existing conditions..

except for any childhood injuries I was treated for..

Anyways, i thought i would chat about sleep issues...

oh, btw, I complained on active duty about the inability to sleep because drunken scumbags were running the barracks with drinks and fights, which in turn made it impossible to get good sleep.. I was angry because I worked with aircraft and I didn't want problems, accidents' and other because of lack of sleep because of the drunken scum... so I constantly went to the commander begging them to clean up the problems with the living conditions.. so I could rest and sleep..

I finally got a place off base and made good money living off base, no longer putting up with the drunken scumbags... it was miserable living with these juvenile delinquents who enlisted only to drink like fish.. so if that was considered..... I could prove the sleep issues I suffered from... and do now..

also... since I have so many serious life threatening health issues,, I have enough to win the ful 100% even if many items get denied...

sleep issues seem hard to prove...

just sayin'

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

When i had my Prostate remove and half the muscle, and nerves in the area of my Prostate and a 8" hole stitchup 4 months of sleepless night's. it took me a year or so to get back to simi normal. Started by read books and the good book! Also try to start watching funny show on TV. Don't try to control your sleep time, you only lose. If you wake up in the middle of night, get up and read or watch a good show like Andy Grifffin show. It make's this guy with pc, pn, dmii, and stag 4 cancer smile.

Oh by the way, I work on helicoper jet engine and got jet fuel on me a couple times " thats some BAD S*** "