Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arrhythmia

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

I have been fighting to have my high blood pressure SC'd...just got diagnosis with Arrhythmia. Any advice if this will support my high blood pressure or is this something I can claim?

jhilly

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It will depend on what type of arrhythmia you have. If it is caused by your high BP then it should be considered secondary to your BP. I would ask the cardio doc if they are connected in any way. Also, have they told you to cut out caffiene, nicotene, alcohol. I have A-fib and had to stop all of them, didn't have to worry about nicotene (don't smoke).

• HadIt.com Elder

I am service connected for my Hypertension and Heart disease, I was seeing VA Cardiology for some time until I went to see an outside Doc. this doc did a stress test ( Nuclear Stress test with the Injection of atropine instead of the treadmill.) He told me the treadmill could cause me to go into Cardiac Arrest.

A year later the VA wanted to do the same test wit the treadmill and they demanded I use the treadmill. I told them what the other doc said and they laughed. After about 1 minute on the treadmill I Jumped off and left.

I have only about 1 percent of faith in VA cardiology. Now dont let the VA tell you to quit caffine. It may not be the cause of your arrythmias. If you have insurance or medicare, get to an Electrophysologist asap. These are the rythem experts.

All it took for me was a medicine adjustment from Metropolol to sotolol and I feel a hell of a lot better.

J