Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mandatory Overtime For Vsr And Rvsr Staff

Rate this topic

donna68

Clarification on OT pay. Sorry for any mis-communication. It appears that the staff's LES lists an overtime rate which is the same hourly rate for GS 9, 10, 11 and 12's but the actual pay that they recieve is time and a half and not the hourly OT rate listed on their LES.

This is very confusing and I wonder why the government lists one hourly wage for OT on the LES and pays a different hourly wage.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of the Atlanta VARO past denials show a difference in detail between an approval and denial. Unless the approval is a simple "slam dunk" the approval writeup is in more detail, and contains more justification than a denial. When a denial was based upon a faulty C&P, the C&P was listed, yet the inadequacy was not addressed. When the C&P is part of an approval, frequently the inadequacies of the C&P are mentioned, yet it is still sufficient, although it may result in an incomplete or lesser award. Don't get it right the first time seems to be a working goal. Just look at the appeal statistics, and remember that they just show part of the problem. I have no doubt that things have improved under the current secretary, and that there is a long way to go. One of the major problems is generic with almost all institutions, in that they expect people to adapt to them, rather than the institution adapting to the "real world".

I still firmly believe that denials should result in fewer points than an approval. Has to do with the difference in the way an approval gets through the system.

The law requires the VA to be an advocate of the veteran, not a devil's advocate. Unfortunately, many veterans find the opposite to be true.

In past years, there was some relation between the fiscal year and claim approval rates. I don't know if this is currently the case, as new presumptives, laws, etc. have changed things.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use