VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does Awaiting Second Signature On Vba Case Mean?

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

Hi Folks, hope everyone is doing fine. I've been off the radar for sometime. I have been trying to enjoy myself while going to my various VA appointments.

When it comes to paperwork, there is one case still pending in my situation. In fact, it has been pending for the last 4 year. The issue is on an effective date for one of my granted disability. It should have been an earlier date. After the local RO denied my NOD, I'd appealed it to the Board of Veterans Appeal in Washington. They have been handling that for the past 3 years, sending over thoses same ole forms for medical evidence over and over again.

When I called the VA the other day, they said that the appeal is now " Awaiting a Second Signature ". What does that mean? You would think that it would not take two signatures for a denial, right?

Regards,

Edited by iraqx2

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

If it was on remand from the BVA, I would be cautiously optimistic.

Many years ago a 800# guy acted like I had won the Publishers clearing house cash and balloons because he said my claim was awaiting 3 signatures.

(usually an award over 25 thousand needs 3 signatures)

But I was leary of his enthusiasm and found out they needed these signatures to transfer my claim to the BVA.mad.gif

In your case I assume you are on remand and the RO has made a positive decision.

Then again- it is hard to determine what the VA will do.

My last claim, 800 # told me a few weeks ago needed a few signatures.

When I asked how many, the 800 operator said she could not tell from the PC.

But it was an award and needed 3 signatures.

I cant think, in your case, of any other reason at this point they would need signatures for-and I hope you dont have to wait too long to get notice of what they are doing.

And sometimes the bank receives the money or it comes by regular mail, before the decision even arrives.

Thanks for the always awesome wisdom Berta! Please note that my case is not with the RO, but the Veterans Board of Appeals in Washington. It got kicked up there because I filed an appeal when RO denied it 5 years ago.Throughout the years, I have become immune to the wait and weren't really expecting much on this appeal for retro for the past few years. If they grant it, it would be great. My point is, why would my case await TWO signatures. Should not be a denial I hope.

Hello Iraqx2,,

I agree with Pete, Berta..... 2 signatures means you are PROBABLY ,,,,,,, looking at money from an award. I said PROBABLY because this is the logical way the VA pays larger amounts with 2 or 3 extra signatures.

Please let us know when that happens so that you can buy dinner for all of us. We will all fly out on the Hadit Private Jet and............................ Well you know what I mean. We just want to shout out with you for your hard work and patience. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Was the claim for SMC or for a better EED?

Reason I ask-is that I see you are 100% now.

Was the claim for SMC or for a better EED?

Reason I ask-is that I see you are 100% now.

Berta,

Yes, I am already 100%. The issue and appeal is on the effective date. It should have been an earlier date.