Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection Granted

Rate this topic

admiral7

I received my letter yesterday stating service connection granted 60% for asbestosis due to service while on board ship.Claim was opened May 2006 approximatly 60 days to completion,thanks to all on this panel for helping everyone to submit a well prepared claim folder.Watch your mail T-Bird and once again thank you one and all for everything you do for vets. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget that if you are not working to ask for TDIU. You have been here a long time. I am really happy when I see a victory.

Pete

THAT NEWS MADE MY DAY!

All asbestos vets should take note of this-----

you certainly satisfied the asbestos SC criteria-I sure wish you did not have this from your service veteran-

but I am so GLAD that the VA has compensated you and the other advise is correct- if you are not working you are not far from TDIU.

Just great Admiral7 ----that is real FAST for a VA but I have seen some very fast decisions-mere months instead of years- Berta

Allan,I was an engineman on board a diesel powered ship and worked in the boiler room with the distilling unit which was covered with the stuff.The whole room was full of it and also the pipes ran right by my bunk.Shortly before discharge we went into drydock ship yard to prepare the ship for decommissioning and was once again exposed .Hope this helps,if you need any help just ask.