Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had A Dro Hearing December 2010, Then A C&p Exam For Left Knee January 2012

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Orinal claim filed, 2009, Had a dro hearing december 2010 (San Diego), then a C&P exam for left knee January 2012. I am wondering, does this mean they are getting close to making a decison on some issues if they ordered a new c&p exam. They denied my 6 issues, in 2009, but I had a dro hearing after all the denials, and only got a SOC on 3 out of 6 issues January 2011. Then a couple years later they decide to do a c&p again. Does this mean they are close to getitng my dro hearing decision and are moving on with the claim after all this time? or will it sit for another year? or more...

The knee, while it can leave me without the ability to walk if I walk more than a couple blocks, is bad, it is nothing compared to the pancreas disease and other problems, that are killing me,, (no cure). I am just wondering if they try to do a c&p if they think they are getting close to some type of decision phase...

thanx..

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It's difficult to say. It looks like you have a lot going on. I know when I start on something I like to finish it right then because if I have to wait I will forget everything about it. I think that's the way the va works. they look at your claim and order some exams adn the exams get done but your file goes back in line behind those that they ordered exams before yours. then 8-12 mos later they look at your file again and realize that some regulation or procedure has changed and they need a new exam. Or, the exam that was performed 12 months ago was actually inadequate so the yneed a new one.

they should have a seperate group of raters that look at the exam results as soon as they are done and see if they are adequate for ratings. if not send the vet back immediatley instead of waiting years.

just my 2 cents.

Orinal claim filed, 2009, Had a dro hearing december 2010 (San Diego), then a C&P exam for left knee January 2012. I am wondering, does this mean they are getting close to making a decison on some issues if they ordered a new c&p exam. They denied my 6 issues, in 2009, but I had a dro hearing after all the denials, and only got a SOC on 3 out of 6 issues January 2011. Then a couple years later they decide to do a c&p again. Does this mean they are close to getitng my dro hearing decision and are moving on with the claim after all this time? or will it sit for another year? or more...

The knee, while it can leave me without the ability to walk if I walk more than a couple blocks, is bad, it is nothing compared to the pancreas disease and other problems, that are killing me,, (no cure). I am just wondering if they try to do a c&p if they think they are getting close to some type of decision phase...

thanx..

retired,

It just means that are following the DRO's instructions to schedule a C&P for your knee.

It is addressing an issue on your claim as a result, of your DRO hearing.

Doesn't mean a decision to come anytime soon, just that they are doing as instructed by the DRO.

At least this shows some movement and hopefully will produce a rating decision / SOC / SSOC before too

much longer for you.

Hang in there.

JMHO