VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Claim Status

Rate this question

maximus

Question

how do i find out the status of my claim?On my original claim I was awarded 40% for my spine and denied service conection for my knee. well on my NOD i was awarded 10% for the knee but the left things out from both the nod and original claim like 10% for demonstaratable defomity of the spine the mental side of the house and titinitus. in my original claim the did give me service conection for bilateral hearing loss but no rating they just left out the tinitus the deformity andthe mental. the lasy thing i recived was the awarded notifcation for my knee i call and all i get is its being worked on. whay should i do from here. :)

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your best bet to get accurate information on the status of your claim is to go to the VA website and inquire there. The 1-800 number isn't really reliable.

"I was awarded 40% for my spine...but the left things out from both the nod and original claim like 10% for demonstaratable defomity of the spine"

If you were awared 40% for a back condition, the VA can't give a seperate rating for deformity of the spnie (probably scoliosis), that is pyrmiading. Deformity of the spine is taken into consideration when assigning the overall rating of the spine. Was the 40% for the lower back or the upper back?

"but the left things out from both the nod and original claim like...the mental side of the house and titinitus"

When the VA awarded service-connection for your knee on appeal you received a rating decision. You also should have received a Statement of the Caes (SOC) stating why they couldn't award the highest amount of compensation, according to the rating schedule, for your knee. Also in that SOC there should be the reasons why the VA did not grant your other issues. What does "mental side of the house" mean, did you claim a mental condition as service-connected.

"in my original claim the did give me service conection for bilateral hearing loss but no rating they just left out the tinitus..."

Did you actually claim tinnitus as secondary to bilateral hearing loss? It looks like you received a 0% rating for your hearing loss, look carefully at the original rating decision and it should say.

To be more of a help, you're goingto need to give a little more information.

Vike 17

I agree completely with going to the website to request the status of your claim, vs calling the 1-800#. I started using the website myself to request the status of my husbands claims and was much more pleased with the feedback I got. I'm not sure what the difference is, but there is a difference in what information you are given. Seemed to be much more accurate and more detailed.

mssoup1

This is just a standard letter that everyone seems to get now and then for what ever reason. After years of dealing with my husbands claims, he received numerous letters like this, but never seemed to mean anything.

Maybe someone else has some more information to add.

mssoup1