Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Time Frame On Claims?

Rate this question

jhman

Question

My claim has been in for over 10 months, was wondering time from of others with similar claims. I have not heard a word. VA Pyhc Dr dianosed me with ptsd from in-service stressers during visits . Does anyone know if they can make a decision from this or have to have C and P exam? Thanks for any input.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I filed my claim Jan 2011, first C&P was July 2011, second (which was my last C&P) was Nov 2011. It was for Ptsd and Mdd and was r'cd back at Varo (Houston) on Dec 5 and claim went to Preparation for decision/Rater on Dec 14, 2011. I have 7 contentions and Tdiu. The waiting is miserable for everyone unfortunately...but hang in there :)

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

"My claim has been in for over 10 months, was wondering time from of others with similar claims. I have not heard a word. VA Pyhc Dr dianosed me with ptsd from in-service stressers during visits . Does anyone know if they can make a decision from this or have to have C and P exam? Thanks for any input."

The way you posted this makes me want to ask questions. Having a VA Shrink diagonse you is good but is not a claim. I've never seen PTSD award unless you had a C & P. Question did you really file a claim & if so what have you done to follow up on it? Most people in my vet group get claim in under year & had C & P after 6 or 7 months. Unless you have a stressor that has to be verified & that's the hold up I dont understand not hearing anything.

Yep..I filed a claim..your probably right, stresser might be holding thing up. Just thought I would hear something by now. Ill call the iris # soon.. Thanks