VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Time Frame On Claims?

Rate this question

jhman

Question

My claim has been in for over 10 months, was wondering time from of others with similar claims. I have not heard a word. VA Pyhc Dr dianosed me with ptsd from in-service stressers during visits . Does anyone know if they can make a decision from this or have to have C and P exam? Thanks for any input.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My claim has been in for over 10 months, was wondering time from of others with similar claims. I have not heard a word. VA Pyhc Dr dianosed me with ptsd from in-service stressers during visits . Does anyone know if they can make a decision from this or have to have C and P exam? Thanks for any input.

Welcome,

There are no timeframes or time limits placed upon VBA to adjudicate claims

Welcome.I am in my 11th month of waiting on my claim. My VA doctor knows a person that has been waiting two years with no reply yet.

I am approaching 21 months on my claim....still waiting.

• HadIt.com Elder

"My claim has been in for over 10 months, was wondering time from of others with similar claims. I have not heard a word. VA Pyhc Dr dianosed me with ptsd from in-service stressers during visits . Does anyone know if they can make a decision from this or have to have C and P exam? Thanks for any input."

The way you posted this makes me want to ask questions. Having a VA Shrink diagonse you is good but is not a claim. I've never seen PTSD award unless you had a C & P. Question did you really file a claim & if so what have you done to follow up on it? Most people in my vet group get claim in under year & had C & P after 6 or 7 months. Unless you have a stressor that has to be verified & that's the hold up I dont understand not hearing anything.

My claim isn't for PTSD but I filed on 6-2010 and just had my C&P 2 weeks ago. Like carlie say's, there are no timeframes or time limits. Just try your best to have patients. It'll eventually be your day. Believe me, frustration will get you down more ways than one. Hang in there.

Coot

My PTSD claim was submitted under the FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM program and took a little over 4 months.But, I had a years' worth of VA Phsychiatric notes stating that I had PTSD and recived a quick C&P exam.......From what I have seen and understand you will have to have a C&P if for no other reason than to determine the level of disability you are at...................Grid