Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In The Raters Hands

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

I spoke with the local Dav yesterday and she called down to the Dav Nso in Houston regarding the status of my claim. I was told that the latest update was on March 1 my claim file was in the rater's hands. I called the 800# and finally after a little "prodding" he told me that yes, the same rater signed for my file in Feb also. Also Vso last month told me my claims file went to a second rater on Jan 25. My Vso said give it 30 days or until end of Mar. Any thoughts on this? Thnx

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its hard but wait till the end of March or hear back sooner. You are making progress. When did you take your C&P?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

C&P on July 6, 2011 and C&P on November 1, 2011. I filed on Jan 23, 2011. Thank you Pete.

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

I am just glad my claim has made it this far. A friend of mine filed her claim with a Dav vso in Memphis in June and hasn't heard anything. She called "Peggy" and they have "no record" of her claim...

Woo Hoo!!!! I called my Vso today and AGAIN she confirmed what Vso in Houston said " Claim will be finished at the end of this month" Yes, March 2012. Hmmm.....They must Know someone ...after all Vso's in the same bldg as Raters!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Excitement is great but remember, don't count on anything

until a decision is in hand and cash has been deposited.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.