Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Send In 2 Claims At The Same Time

Rate this question

Lady

Question

Hi, just wanted to know if a person could send in a request for P&T and a request for getting s/c for new things to his PTSD. All is new information not sent to VA R.O. in the past. Or is it better to send in 2 different claims. Since this is new information ,I don"t want them to get one claim first and say I can't use some of the same new informatioon on the 2nd. I hope this makes sense I am trying to help some one with this .Thanks Mary

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi, just wanted to know if a person could send in a request for P&T and a request for getting s/c for new things to his PTSD. All  is new information not sent to VA R.O. in the past. Or is it better to send in 2 different claims. Since this is new information ,I don"t want them to get one claim first and say I can't use some of the same new informatioon on the 2nd. I hope this makes sense I am trying to help some one  with this .Thanks Mary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mary - anyone can certainly send in more than one claim at a time-

I have done it myself but I referred -in each claim- to the previous or consecutive claim.

Like I started one of my claims-

This is an additional claim on a separate matter from my claim filed on Jan 30,2003.

Then when I sent in evidence, I specified which claim it was for and the date I filed that particular claim. My initial claim in Jan 2003 grew into 6 claims.

Also I dont know if you have a vet rep but I emailed my vet rep-when I knew the DRO review was coming- a brief overview of each claim and the evidence is listed

at the end of each one so when he gets my c file before the review-he can understand what is what.

I also filed 2 lets make a deal claims but then found much more evidence for them-

I mentioned this in my summary to my vet rep- because my main claim will make these 2 moot and if they award on that one first- it will save them time.

I mentioned that I will not make any deal on the SMC retro or the AO claim .My vet rep knows me well and knows I would find an improper award unacceptable.

Also it helps to use those colored yard sale stickers- I use them for the exhibits (evidence) and color coordinate them with a sticker next to each thing I have listed and I use Alphabet letters instead of numbers-

and refer to them as Exhibit A, or Exhibit B, and so forth.

Also I use those address labels that many vet orgs send for donations on each page I send in to the VARO of everything.And it all goes priority- because I think the big priority envelopes are more attention getting and less likely to be lost.

Plus I get tracking slips.

It feels kind of weird here. The only changes I like to make involve changing underwear and lightbulbs. I will get used to it though. Berta

Berta

Hi, just wanted to know if a person could send in a request for P&T and a request for getting s/c for new things to his PTSD. All  is new information not sent to VA R.O. in the past. Or is it better to send in 2 different claims. Since this is new information ,I don"t want them to get one claim first and say I can't use some of the same new informatioon on the 2nd. I hope this makes sense I am trying to help some one  with this .Thanks Mary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mary; If I understand, you received a 'Statement of the Case' back from the RO and now you want to add to the original claim additional information regarding his PTSD. But you have not yet filed a claim with the BVA. From.. VA form 4107 "CAN I GIVE ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE?" YES. YOU CAN SEND US MORE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A CLAIM WHETHER OR NOT YOU APPEAL TO THE BOARD. IF YOU WANT TO APPEAL, THOUGH, DON'T FORGET THE ONE-YEAR TIME LIMIT!..IF YOU HAVE MORE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A CLAIM, IT'S IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO GIVE US THAT EVEIDENCE AS SOON AS YOU CAN...PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER NEW EVIDENCE THAT (1) WE HAVEN'T ALREADY SEEN AND (2) RELATES TO YOUR CLAIM.

If I understood your question, I would send in additional information. Why clutter up the problem. I hope this helps. Toimi

Gene- can you give us a little more info?

SMC-usually they mean Special Monthly Compensation- but those numbers dont ring a bell with me-

Was this on your rating decision?

bertha, i think SMC is the dictators code 21-21-71-00-0. i am 100% blindness w/a/a, plus 40% bilateral hearing loss, plus 10% bilateral tinnitus. i also have LPO for my eyes. i was wondering what would be the correct rate to be paid? i think it would be r-1. 38 usc 1114 (o) says blindness plus 40% bilateral hearing loss is an o rating but w/a/a plus LPO it would be r-1. could you find anyone with anything similar? thank-you, gene.