Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Axis Question

Rate this question

Jay

Question

Hello

I was wondering if any one knows what the "X" means as shown in the below GAF scale. I was inpatient for PTSD (Childhood) and this was in the discharge notes. My guess is that this means Childhood PTSD or complex PTSD but I'm probably wrong. Any suggestions? Where can I find the discription for this notation (haven't found it with Google)? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Axis I: "X" PTSD

Bipolar nos

Axis II Deferred

Continues .......

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello

I was wondering if any one knows what the "X" means as shown in the below GAF scale. I was inpatient for PTSD (Childhood) and this was in the discharge notes. My guess is that this means Childhood PTSD or complex PTSD but I'm probably wrong. Any suggestions? Where can I find the discription for this notation (haven't found it with Google)? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Axis I: "X" PTSD

Bipolar nos

Axis II Deferred

Continues .......

x

x

x

I have never seen it either! I think it's a mis-print! Was the X in parenthesis " ", or did you add that? ~Wings

Thanks for responding I appreciate it:

To answer your question the X came with the quotes ("X").

So this makes me believe its not a miss print. Any other suggestions?

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for responding I appreciate it:

To answer your question the X came with the quotes ("X").

So this makes me believe its not a miss print. Any other suggestions?

I don't think there's a reference in the DSM IV, but it might be in the ICD-10?

Searching around the net, I did see a few fleeting references to "x" childhood PTSD,, but nothing I would hang my hat on. Since the diagnosis was made in childhood, it makes sense that you would guess that's what it means. You can always contact the VA's National Center for PTSD http://www.ptsd.va.gov/ They have a few contact pages depending on the department (clinical, research, etc). ~Wings

Even if you had PTSD from childhood you can still get rated. You just have to show that your PTSD has increased in severity due to military service. In your case this is where showing evidence of job performance before and after the military is important. You need to show there was a change during service. CIB should suffice if you have it.

11cvollley - Thank you for checking. I am currently Service Connected for PTSD like you suggested.

All

Like Wings mentioned childhood PTSD seems to be the best fit thus far. However, I haven't been shown enough facts or have the confidence yet to convince me that this is what it means. I searched google. I also couldn't find an active phone number for the National Center for PTSD (just has a recording number).

Please continue with your suggestion and comments they are appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

11cvollley - Thank you for checking. I am currently Service Connected for PTSD like you suggested.

All

Like Wings mentioned childhood PTSD seems to be the best fit thus far. However, I haven't been shown enough facts or have the confidence yet to convince me that this is what it means. I searched google. I also couldn't find an active phone number for the National Center for PTSD (just has a recording number).

Please continue with your suggestion and comments they are appreciated.

I'll try to get the right number for you in the AM. ~Wings