Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

wadedenney

Question

My claim has just completed it 18th month and is still at gathering evedance. However I am just now getting to 90 days sense my last C&P. Question rattle the chain and wake the sleeping bog, or sit and wait a couple more months and see if he awakes on his own. Just looking for some general feedback on what to do next if anything. Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I've had mixed results with bugging them versus leaving them alone. Are you going through a VSO?

I wrote letters to my VARO asking them to expedite my claims, including IU, due to hardship. Well, that is exactly what they did. They went through my claim as fast as they could. They skimmed over the very strong evidence in my favor and denied pretty much the whole thing. Now my claims are being reviewed by the VARO after my VSO raised hell with them.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Sometimes it just gets replaced.

Or as someone once said, "you spin the wheel, you takes your chances."

If you don't have a VSO, I would suggest you find a competent one that can fight the battle for you. It sure makes it a lot easier in the long run.

Pete

Edited by sleeper692

my vso is located in the same building as the VARO she has access to find out what is up are the waiting on something or just sitting on some desk on the bottom of a very large stack, you can put in a request on iris (gov computer system ) and ask them what the status of your claim is. my claim just moved from gathering to reviewing evidence they were waiting for a letter from dod. on ebenifets you can look to see what info they have worked on and compare what they have and what think they need.