VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Post Ptsd Help!

Rate this question

sox

Question

Hi Everyone!

First I would like to thank Hadit for having this site! I have been reading and searching here alot and find it an invaluable resource.

Ok now to my question for the experts....

I filled a claim for ptsd for my experiences at dover afb from 2001-2003 Mortuary. I was diagnosed by the va and the vet center with ptsd. The vet center said my issues were in the sever range with a GAF score of 42-45. I have been denied s/c for ptsd as of july 2011. I filed a NOD in august 2011 and requested a DRO review. since then I have submitted the following:

20+ news articles talking about Dover AFB Mortuary work scandle mismanagement etc.

articles about AF blanket stop loss 2001

articles about stop loss and Ready reserve reactivation (IRR)

A denied separation/ transfer reguest in 2002 to palace chase by AFPC- Reason DIS-MANNING

Buddy statement that saw me being detailed for these duties at roll call

Statement reflecting duties, stop loss, Enlisting in guard to prevent IRR recall, Blanket stop loss effects, transfer request denial after ashes dumped in land fill etc.

My question is am I on the right track or am I running my self in circles? I am not sure if my denied transfer request helps my case or not as I saw it was only for assualts according reg.?

any help is much appreciated :)

Many thanks!

Could this be him?

http://gallantryinaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/John-Groth-AF-Biography.pdf

In part:

Chaplain Lieutenant Colonel (ret) John W. Groth

Chaplain Lieutenant Colonel John W. Groth served as the Wing Chaplain, 512th Airlift Wing,

Dover AFB, DE. He was the senior chaplain responsible for a comprehensive religious program

to 2000 military and civilians of the organization. Chaplain Groth was born in Nyack, NY and

raised in Pennington, NJ where he graduated from Hopewell Valley Regional High School. He

joined the Reserves in December 1987 and has served as a Chaplain his whole career. In his

civilian ministry he is the founder and president of Gallantry in Action, a ministry to men and

their families. He is married to Ranelle Petrucelli Groth of Liberty Corner, NJ. They have three

children, Erin Adams, John and Shannon along with their Son-in-law, Bryan Adams.

EDUCATION:

1981 Bachelor of Science, Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA

1984 Master of Divinity, Princeton Theologicial Seminary, Princeton, NJ

1990 Chaplain Orientation Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, AL

1992 Air Force Officers Orientation Course, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX

1996 Master of Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ

2002 Intermediate Chaplain Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, AL

2003 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Dec 87 - Dec 97 McGuire AFB, NJ

2. Dec 97 – Jan 09 Dover AFB, DE

MAJOR AWARDS”

Berta,

I am amazed I think that is the chaplain from Dover! Do you have any other info (maybe I could send him a letter with a picture) and he would remember? I am taken back, I think you have done the impossible!!

Huge Thanks to Berta!

Sox

Sox if you google

Chaplain Lieutenant Colonel (ret) John W. Groth

more will pop up on him-

this is the most recent link I found on him:

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2012/03/deerfield_church_to_host_nancy.html

I was afraid my search would turn up his Obit- but so far so good.

I believe Nothing is Impossible!

I didnt even need to call my friend ,the local VAMC Chaplain.

It is possible this Chaplain kept a diary of counseling.?????Sending himn the picture is a good idea.

Maybe he is even on Facebook but I dont use Facebook- so I dont know.how to find people there.

****UPDATE****

I recieved a call from my regional office and they said that there was a mistake with some paperwork that was sent regarding my DRO Review they also wanted to call to make sure I knew. Yesterday I got my statement of case letting me know what conditions were not Service Connected and a small paragraph stating my ptsd is now service connected along with fractures of both arms etc. I went to Ebenefits and I looked at my verification letter and I was blown away.... Service connected at 70%! (minus the 40% already recieving). Plus I think I have about 20 months of Retro comming my way. I still haven't gotton the official breakdown yet or a letter for the new award, but I am so relieved! I have been living off of the cheapest food possible and feel like I have been living under a rock for the last 2 years with bills piling up etc.

Thank God for the DRO Review. Two of the things that I think helped is I would send several News articles or military documents (AFI policies etc) off to the va every couple of weeks, and I would send every 3 months a status and progress check request while I was waiting for the DRO Review. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and guidence! A BIG THUMBS UP TO HADIT.COM!!!

****UPDATE****

I recieved a call from my regional office and they said that there was a mistake with some paperwork that was sent regarding my DRO Review they also wanted to call to make sure I knew. Yesterday I got my statement of case letting me know what conditions were not Service Connected and a small paragraph stating my ptsd is now service connected along with fractures of both arms etc. I went to Ebenefits and I looked at my verification letter and I was blown away.... Service connected at 70%! (minus the 40% already recieving). Plus I think I have about 20 months of Retro comming my way. I still haven't gotton the official breakdown yet or a letter for the new award, but I am so relieved! I have been living off of the cheapest food possible and feel like I have been living under a rock for the last 2 years with bills piling up etc.

Thank God for the DRO Review. Two of the things that I think helped is I would send several News articles or military documents (AFI policies etc) off to the va every couple of weeks, and I would send every 3 months a status and progress check request while I was waiting for the DRO Review. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and guidence! A BIG THUMBS UP TO HADIT.COM!!!

Great news - maybe post it over in the Success Stories Forum.