Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21 Days In Hospital Rule

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have vet friend that was in VA hospital in March-April 2011 for PTSD. She is S/C for Anxiety. Applied for the 21 days in hospital & she was turned down because she was admitted for PTSD and not anxiety. I was going to copy 38CFR CH.1 4.29 and pass it along to her. I have 7-1-11 Edition & I'm having a problem. Before it read something like "be admitted for what you are S/C for or TREATED FOR WHAT YOU ARE S/C FOR". Now reading different "total disability rating (100 percent) assigned...it is established that s/c disability has required hospital treatment..in excess of 21 days." Question has this rule changed to drop the part about "treated for what you are s/c"? If it changed was she in hospital before it changed? Just passing along to help this vet..and never know why she didn't get connected for PTSD..but that's another thing.

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A vet I personally know very well was admitted to a PTSD treatment inpatient program March 8th of last year and completed program 23rd April last year. He has a Diagnosis of PTSD. (50%) He put in for the 100% when admitted to the program. In Oct last year he received a SOC which stated "Vet eligible for 100% related to inpatient treatment program beginning March 8 th and will end the last day of the completion of the inpatient program April 30th. In Oct of last year he received a check for March only yet he is to receive it for the 2 months as if continue 21 days in each month vet is eligible. Appealed this and is waiting. It is really stupid they write the dates he is eligible to receive this, and then pay him for just the first month.

Teac-that's my question. She would be your exception treated for what she was S/ C for during her stay. But when I read 2011 version it seems to leave out that exception.. Also if it changed 7-1-11 & she was there March April 2011 wouldn't she still be awarded temp 100%?

I don't know... since the newest verison I found was 2008.....