VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Parkinson's Joint Clinic With Apda

Rate this topic

The Va and American Parkinson's Diesease Assoc Have joint clinics in about 6 major Va hospitals in the US. Not everyone in the Va system is either aware of this and some not willing to give referrals. However here is the main link to the clinic HQ, from there you can find the nearest clinic and get an appt set up. Yes they DO PAY Travel pay to those who get it anyway. This has been a god send to me the Houston clinic treats me as an individual and does help with treatment for the long term not just a lil patch and a pat on the back. I do recommend this Va joint clinic to any serve member who has or thinks they have Parkinson's.

http://www.reno.va.g.../parkinsons.asp

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great info!!!!

Parkinsons is one of the Agent Orange Presumptives for incountry Vietnam vets ,so if they were incountry, and have Parkinson's they should file a claim.

Does this clinic advise veterans of that and direct them to how to file a Agent Orange claim?

Great info!!!!

Parkinsons is one of the Agent Orange Presumptives for incountry Vietnam vets ,so if they were incountry, and have Parkinson's they should file a claim.

Does this clinic advise veterans of that and direct them to how to file a Agent Orange claim?

What I learned tnhe hard way is that they will rate you at 30% for PD, but to get a higher rating you have to put in for secondary conditions such as tremors, stiffness, etc. My lawyers are now working on this for me.

Papa