Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hopefully The End Of A Long Road

Rate this question

RuskiLinguist

Question

Hello again, all. Just your friendly neighborhood RuskiLinguist here giving what I hope to be the last in a long series of upd VA Voc Rehab has saiates regarding the Social Security Claim I filed back in 2009.

I have followed almost all of the advice provided by the experienced folks on this site. I have a local attorney, after some serious problems with the SSD MillMachines who advertise a 99% win rate. This local attorney actually returned my calls, and called the SSA at my request to see why I hadnt been scheduled for my ALJ hearing after more than 16 months of filing that particular appeal. Now here comes the surprise:

I finally have a hearing date!!!! I will be going in front of the ALJ on the 4th of May.

I hope this is the last of the threads I have to start on this topic, and that my next posting will be in the Success Stories Forum.

I know there has been a bunch of information passed in this forum, and even if you think I should have read it already, I will not turn away any last minute words of wisdom.

Although I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking-chairs, I think I finally got myself a good attorney. That seems to keep my nerves from exploding.

For a refresher, I am filing due to PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder (rated at 100% from the VA) as well as digestive problems (rated at 20% from the VA) and back problems (rated 10% from the VA) All of thes conditions are service connected, and are well documented in my records. Even though I haven't been declared "unemployable", VA Voc Rehab submitted documentation that "Vocational Rehabilitation is NOT Feasible" for me due to my Service Connected conditions. They C&P examiner (Psychiatrist) and my primary Psychologist have also both stated that "my disabilities preclude me from gainful employment".

Again, Please feel free to give me any 2 cents worth, but as always, I can only offer a penny for your thoughts ;-)

Sincerely,

Your RuskiLinguist

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Looks like it went well for you. I am praying that you win your claim

Fellow members of this site and future or current applicants for government benefits!!!!!!!

During my hearing with the ALJ for my Social Security Disability Benefits, the judge asked me a strange question that has been bugging me since the hearing on Friday!

He was trying to flush out what I do during the day, and even though the answer is mostly, "I take medicine, I go to doctors appts, I try to keep my house in shape to be lived in, I maybe use the computer about an hour a day, I watch television, and I lie down with something under my back to keep the pain away." he asked me if I participate in Archery!

I asked the Lawyer and she says she never put anything of that sort in her briefings to the ODAR (Office of Disability Adjudication and Review). The as I was checking my Facebook today, I realized the first picture on the front page is of my son and I admiring our accuracy at a target in a 3D Archery tournament we attended in 2010.

My point is that these folks are serious about making sure that our credibility is well established before they render a decision to spend those tax payer dollars on a disability claim. And if you think for one second your information on Facebook or Twitter, or any other social networking site is private, YOU ARE MISTAKEN!!!

The worst part is that they don't even need a subpoena to get that information "about you" to use against you and your credibility!

My Facebook fully supports my claim, and in no way compromises the integrity of my claim. Can all of you say the same?

Just your paranoid Russian Linguist looking out for Big Brother of any sorts!

Sincerely,

RL

I am inclined to start another topic on Government Eavesdropping and the potential impact on our individual situations!

I mean even this web site is now gaining wide popularity on both Facebook and Twitter! Have any of you ever tried to find out exactly who is looking at your profile, how long, when, and what is the true identity of the person who checked you out?

Has anyone ever trained you on how to publish your thoughts, feelings, experiences in a manner that only those you care about can read them? Privacy is a big issue, especially when you realize someone can and will use your random ramblings against you!

Thoughts?