Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Lot Of Activity

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

I filed my claim on 1/23/11 and it went to Preparation For Decision on 12/14/11. Other than being "stalled" in this phase, there has been some sort of "activity". My claim file was either scanned, signed for or handled for whatever reason on 1/25/12, in Feb, and also on 3/1/12 and 3/30/12. Has anyone had a similar experience with their claim prior to claim determination?

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Something is wrong. Your claim did not go to "preperation for decision on "12/14/12" like you posted because that will occur in about 8 months, unless either you or the VA is now able to accurately predict the future. Im guessing you meant 12/14/11...last december.

However, based on the rest of what you posted, it looks like this activity is good..you may be nearing a decision.

yeah, typo....I caught it.. Need my java this am. Lol

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Veldrina, the claim is being worked on still but no brown envelope yet.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

According to my Vso, who is linked up with the "Mapd" system, they are working real hard on my claim. Claim file was scanned on Dec. 12, 13, 19 (went to decision phase Dec. 14) On Jan. 25 scanned by Vsr, Feb. 22 scanned by Rater. Feb. 24 scanned by Vsr. Mar. 1 and Mar. 30 scanned by Rater. And on April 4 and April 12 scanned by a Rater. We shall see......

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Another date added to the scanning of my claim file by the rater; April 18, 2012. And April 20, 2012. Very interesting....

Edited by #1Cavtrooper