VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Receive A "fair" Decision The First Time?

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

I know everyone's ideas for what they feel they should be rated vary. I am just wondering if anyone has had to wait, but in the end received a fair rating? I am in the St. Pete RO, and am waiting. I tried to seach this topic, but couldn't find one. (Might be an ominous sign) Has everyone had to appeal their initial decision? Did you get a lower rating, but find that the justification was fair, and did not appeal? Just wondering....Thanks!!

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey, 71M10,

I have a friend that after she got her 1998 C&P exam, they said that she had cardiomegaly. So, do she filed for EED, because they found it on her C&P physical but did not rate her for that. would that be a CUE

Reddit

Had she filed for a Cardiac Disability? If it was an initial VA exam within the first year, you could try to argue that the exam finding was an informal claim.

I am currently arguing for an EED for a 10% rating to 87 (87-2007)(hypertension). My contention is that my request for stress test, ekg, chest xray was an informal claim for cardiac. It will probably hinge on whether the BVA determines if those requests constitute a request for benefits. Normally I would say no they do not, but the VA form said not to list diagnosis, just symptoms and the doctors discussion with me would have made it quite clear I thought I had a SC cardiac condition and was seeking treatment.

Best regards,