Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

I just wanted to vent........

10/2010 - TDIU claim filed

05/2011 - Claim ready for decision

04/05/2012 - Pending Decision Approval

04/25/2012 - Claim went back to Gathering Evidence phase

And the VA said the claims process was getting faster! When I filed my claim I took the time to send only relevant medical evidence & highlighted the sentences that proved my claim. I had my civilian Neurosurgeon write a letter stating my disability & the secondary conditions that are MORE THAN LIKELY THAN NOT caused from my service connected disability & why my condition will not improve, my limitations, why he recommends that I cannot work, & my condition is less than sedentary for work. I also had my VA PMC doc & VA pain management doc write letters stating similar opinions. I have had several MRI's & exams proving there statements & my condition. I don't know what else to do! I have even made congressiona inquiries, but did nothing! I really don't know how much more I can take!

Thank you to all who are serving or have served our great country!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know you are sick of hearing to "wait" but really there is nothing else you can do, from experience getting elected officials involved is usually more trouble than it is worth, it will just delay the process and does not make the VARO people any happier with you, when your claim is approved it will come with back pay to the date you filled but until you get the check all you can do is dream about spending it It took me from Dec 2002 until June 2009 to get my CAD abd Hypertension claim resolved thru the VARO amid many NODs, Congressional inquiries, the White House Presidential and VP level inquisitions on my behalf (all that did was pizz off the DRO) it finally took a BVA Judge to grant the claim the Regional office was not going to grant my CAD claim regardless of any evidence I submitted

do not pizz off the people at the regional office it will NOT help your claim, being angry and yelling at them does not make them hurry to finish your claim, if nothing else it just makes them mad, in reality once your claim folder actually hits a raters desk you will get the award letter and deposit within two weeks after the action is taken but in the meantime your claim file is laying in a pile waiting for that rater to pick it up

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Brother, I feel your frustration and I as well as many others can relate. I have waited 37 years to begin this claims process and am waiting to at least get my "initial" service connection. All these years I have worked until I can no longer work through the pain and anguish. The 37 is not my age, that is how many years ago that I enlisted at the age of 19. So I am really anxious to get what I rightfully earned. As far as your claim goes, I have seen on this forum where others' claims have gone back to "gathering of evidence" and within a few days was back to notification. Good Luck to you!

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

I just wanted to vent........

10/2010 - TDIU claim filed

05/2011 - Claim ready for decision

04/05/2012 - Pending Decision Approval

04/25/2012 - Claim went back to Gathering Evidence phase

Chill out as the above is normal.

Back to "Gathering Evidence" can mean several different things.

They might be looking for dependent info or something similar.

Hang in there.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Sorry I did not reply sooner, I've been really sick the past few days!

Thank you for the responses. First, I have good news even though my claim is not finished I was paid at 100% today! I would think that is a good sign that it will be approved, but with the VA nothing is for sure! I really appreciate everyone's help, reassurance, stories, & just being there when you need it most! Thank you again & I hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you to all who are serving or have served our great country!

Sounds positive to me, but the real answers lie in the award letter. What is ebenefits saying now? And can you download documents. Ebenefits isn't always up to date though. The mail will bring good news!

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Thats great news! You got some moola. The paper's will be along soon!smile.png

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"